Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Indoor Range in the Greater Reading area?

I would utilize it in the winter months. I would also love to have some local handgun training for myself and family.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dragracer_Art View Post
    The April 1st opening date was posted before I looked at a calender... I might push it off to the 4th instead. I will have extra people on hand to help with the range if we do it that Sunday.

EDIT TO ADD: Just realized the 4th is Easter Sunday... so that probably won't work either. lol

I think once I have carpet in the range... maybe we can start getting some shooters in to try it out. Carpet should be in sometime next week... I will advise as soon as we are ready for the stampede. lol
    Any update on your grand opening?
    We live in a society where pizza gets to your house before the police.

(Berks County)

We're getting closer... that's about all I will say anymore.

Every time I pick a target date, something pops-up and pushes it back.

Recent news at the shop...
    We now have a brand new camera system.
    Walk-in customers will be able to watch shooters in the range on the Sony 46" TV in the showroom.
    The range upgrades are just about finished... and should be ready for shooters in approx a week or two.

Rob Horst of Firearm Solutions is on-board with me now too... so we can hit the ground running. He's got some great ideas and resources, along with tons of firearm knowledge. He's been helping get the shop squared away lately and is also itching to get the doors open.
    He has keys to the shop now... and I even set him up with his own email address... rhorst@stonycreekoutfitters.com

Last edited by Dragracer_Art; May 4th, 2010 at 01:06 AM.

(Berks County)

I see in the Eagle you got your C.O. I look forward to seeing you open soon.
    We live in a society where pizza gets to your house before the police.

(Berks County)

I felt a bit unwanted on a recent trip to Stoney Creek Outfitters... It was like they didn't want me shooting there. I understand that I look young but I'm 29 and have been shooting since I was 10.
    They also require a Pa CCW permit to use the range... Which was kind of odd. I can rent class 3 weapons at Targetmasters without a CCW permit!

I understand they are trying to keep the riffraff out... But I think they take it a bit too far.
    I won't be returning... I'll be spending my money at French Creek Outfitters and Targetmasters!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Eckstream1 View Post
    I felt a bit unwanted on a recent trip to Stoney Creek Outfitters... It was like they didn't want me shooting there. I understand that I look young but I'm 29 and have been shooting since I was 10.
    They also require a Pa CCW permit to use the range... Which was kind of odd. I can rent class 3 weapons at Targetmasters without a CCW permit!

I understand they are trying to keep the riffraff out... But I think they take it a bit too far.
    I won't be returning... I'll be spending my money at French Creek Outfitters and Targetmasters!
    I got the same impression and won't be going back but may check out Targetmasters since you mentioned it.

(Berks County)

I recently joined at Stoney Creek and had a very different experience. I felt welcomed there. Took the wife in to shoot last Saturday and had a good time.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by steveo1234 View Post
    I recently joined at Stoney Creek and had a very different experience. I felt welcomed there. Took the wife in to shoot last Saturday and had a good time.
    Guy told me "we're not accepting new members at this time, check back next month", I'm 45, self employed, average Joe with LTCF, perhaps since I'm part american indian he had me figured for mexican/puerto rican, but in either case, I'm not going back to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomos View Post
    Guy told me "we're not accepting new members at this time, check back next month", I'm 45, self employed, average Joe with LTCF, perhaps since I'm part american indian he had me figured for mexican/puerto rican, but in either case, I'm not going back to find out.
    Its really about character and how you carry yourself than what colour your are or what nationality you are. I am part creole and Spanish have tattoos and I have been treated with nothing but respect. Art and Rob will bend over backwards to help anyone out as long as your not trying to break the law.
    Tantric Shooting Team

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pagoda240 View Post
    Its really about character and how you carry yourself than what colour your are or what nationality you are. I am part creole and Spanish have tattoos and I have been treated with nothing but respect. Art and Rob will bend over backwards to help anyone out as long as your not trying to break the law.
    I think I have run into you there a couple times. You had that 40/45 or whatever Sig I think.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast