Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Thumbs up My experience at Cabela's (Hamburg, PA location)

I'm going to edit the post since I was able to rectify the situation with their customer relations department. It took three customer relations representatives and one store manager to get involved, but I finally got somewhere.

Since we were able to rectify the situation I've edited the title and changed the icon from a thumbs down to a thumbs up.

Cabela's in Hamburg PA
    Last edited by danp; October 4th, 2011 at 07:10 PM.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Unpleasant experience at Cabela's (Hamburg, PA location)

There are plenty of bigger things that I can roast a retailer for then having to wait for 45 minutes.
    Look to the One Who is wearing what should have been your scars...

(Lackawanna County)

you know what i hate? when i go food shopping, and i take all of 15 minutes to pick out what i need, then i have to wait in line for another 15 minutes, because of all the morons who decided to go shopping at the same time i did! sonzabitches!

it especially irritates me when i go to the 10 items or less aisle, and the bastard in front of me has 11 or 12. what the fuck is his problem, can't he count? it's 10 items, asshole! buying two or more of the same item doesn't make it 1 item, it's in two separate packages! jesus christ!

the worst is when someone has $100 worht of groceries, and they wait to write a check out after everything's been tallied up! i mean, really, who writes checks anymore? i got your check right here, bitch!

I don't see the big deal. someone is infront of you, he should get the care he needs before it's your turn. if it was you in the front and there were some problems, you would want the CSR to take care of you and not just push you to the side. 45min is a long time to wait tho.
    funny thing, last friday i did a site to store at walmart. went in expecting a long wait. but it was in and out in under 5mins. they actually had my stuff under the counter, didn't have to go look for it in the back.

Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    you know what i hate? when i go food shopping, and i take all of 15 minutes to pick out what i need, then i have to wait in line for another 15 minutes, because of all the morons who decided to go shopping at the same time i did! sonzabitches!

it especially irritates me when i go to the 10 items or less aisle, and the bastard in front of me has 11 or 12. what the fuck is his problem, can't he count? it's 10 items, asshole! buying two or more of the same item doesn't make it 1 item, it's in two separate packages! jesus christ!

the worst is when someone has $100 worht of groceries, and they wait to write a check out after everything's been tallied up! i mean, really, who writes checks anymore? i got your check right here, bitch!
    Ah, the dying art of sarcasm. Very nice.

No, it's Cabella's fault that the first customer took too much time. After 1.5 minutes, that rat bastard should have been dragged from the store and beaten out of town. Then we could read his post about how Cabella's won't honor gift cards or some such.

I frankly don't understand the assumption that the pickup counter should only involve pre-paid merchandise. I haven't used theirs, but I'd expect that it would be for any purchase not involving merchandise picked off a shelf, including catalog sales, special orders, backorders, rainchecks, maybe other transactions as well. The regular checkout lines can only scan what's in your cart and take your payment.

The world is just filled with other people, sometimes we have to wait for them, other times they have to wait for us. If you're in a hurry, leave the house earlier. It's something that adults do, with grace and understanding.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Lehigh County)

When they make me wait, I get 'em back by unwrapping and sampling a few of the Chocolate Moose and Grizzly Bar sundries... and then I carve my mark on the service desk.

/R.K. kilt a bar on this counter

(Lycoming County)

I suppose the only question I am left with is why anyone shops at Cabela's in the first place, be it on line or otherwise.

Whenever I hear of Cabela's I think of the Blackjack Dealer from Vegas Vacation when he says "Why don't you give me half the money, we'll go out back, I'll kick you in the nuts and we'll call it a day." Even if things are "on sale", the odds are you paid too much.

Be safe (and frugal).

Scott

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by Swarner793 View Post
    I suppose the only question I am left with is why anyone shops at Cabela's in the first place, be it on line or otherwise.

Whenever I hear of Cabela's I think of the Blackjack Dealer from Vegas Vacation when he says "Why don't you give me half the money, we'll go out back, I'll kick you in the nuts and we'll call it a day." Even if things are "on sale", the odds are you paid too much.

Be safe (and frugal).

Scott
    Usually when I get my .223 bulk from there on sale, it's about as cheap as anywhere else, you get an ammo case, and it saves me the hassle of driving somewhere to pick it up. You just have to know how much you are paying. I see people all the time out there that buy things that are far overpriced. But if you know what you are looking for, you wont be taken for a fool. Sometimes they have decent sales on things. You can straight up boycott it if you want, but I will continue to shop smartly wherever prices and convenience suit me.
    III%

(Lehigh County)

Be safe (and frugal).

Scott
    Well, I disagree... counting the sales, credit card percentages that build up quite quickly on everyday normal use, and the several-times-a-year $30 off on $100 to $100 off on $500 flyers, I've actually walked out with free gun accessories and ammo on several occasions.

And always check the items you want to buy for old sales stickers... I found a folding stock for my Mini 14 for $53 amidst a pile that obviously came in from a more recent shipment and were marked the normal $89.

(Lackawanna County)

Be safe (and frugal).

Scott
    from what others here have said, and what i've seen in ads, Cabela's offers some very good deals, waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Gander Mountain. i wish there was a Cabela's near me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast