Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default My new Glock 23 Pistol (40 cal.)

Well, I was at the gun show this weekend with the intention of picking up a new pistol. I have a Springfield XD 45, but wanted something more compact for my CCW. After a bunch of research, I decided to buy a Glock 30. Several of the booths had them at various prices. They cost around $525 on average. That seemed like a good deal. However, when looking around for more 45 acp ammo, the cheapest stuff was Tula and Blazer for about $17. That really made me think. I love my XD 45, (and I mean love it!) but if it's cost prohibitive to shoot it, how much fun can I have by leaving it in the safe? So, one of the Glock dealers had a special with a bunch of varying model Glocks for $439. I spent over an hour going back and forth between the Glock 27 and the Glock 23. I really like to size of the 27, but the super short grip did not feel right. I even tried some magazine extensions and a mag collar. The were just ok, and the collar was a bit strange. So, I went with the 23 model. I feels really nice in my hand and the ergonomics are solid. I have yet to fire it, but bought a box of Lawman (165 gr. I believe) ammo. I can't wait to take it out. I will post pics and a video. What do you folks think of your Glock 23 pistols?

P.S.

I hate to do it, but I'm selling my Springfield XD 45 to equate for the purchase of the Glock 23. Let me know if you're interested. It comes with three mags.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=158561267
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: My new Glock 23 Pistol (40 cal.)

Nice pistol! Let us know how it shoots!
    Jules

Talking Re: My new Glock 23 Pistol (40 cal.)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    Nice pistol! Let us know how it shoots!
    Jules
    Will do. Thanks!

(Montgomery County)

you won't be disappointed...nice pick up
    Now less Glock, more H&K :)

(Lycoming County)

I loved its reliability but hated its grips..I though that over time id get used to its grips...I never did so I ended up trading it in for something that fit my hand better. But when I had it it was accurate,reliable typical Glock..if it fits your hands right you cant go wrong!

(Westmoreland County)

I bought mine a long time ago, and over the years, I have had more than 20 pistols and a few revolvers, the G23 is the only gun I never got rid of. My first pistol ever was a S&W 909, which was a single-stack 9mm. I bought it instead of a high cap version because I have smaller hands, and the single stack was the only thing that felt comfortable. I thought I was doomed to low cap single stack all my life until I found the G23. I had an ejector break on the S&W, and after losing a bit of confidence in that, I was looking to get something different. I had been doing research, and thought I wanted a .40. I was at a gun show, and a dealer had a G23c, which has two compensating cuts in the top of the barrrel near the muzzle, ostensibly to help with muzzle flip and recoil. If I recall, I sold my S&W for 250, and added about 200 for the Glock. Right away, it shot very well for me, seemed to fit my hand pretty well, and was thicker, but more compact than my S&W. I added a few things to it over the years, the more I started to carry it regularly. I added a Decal-Grip tape kit to it, and it truly improved the grip, for under $10.....as far as reliability and ease of use, I then added a stainless guide rod, replacing the polymer/plastic guide rod. Because I still have small hands, lol, I added an extended mag release and extended slide release. I also carry an M3 Streamlight weakside, which snaps right onto the picatinny rail cut into the frame. Those little upgrades made it a comfortable, tight shooting little gun, and I've never gotten rid of it. Just last summer I added Hi-viz sights to it, with the fiber-optic green front sight. The rear is similar in profile to a Novak sight, but the night sights are nice! I was just in Florida for work, and came across a guide rod laser (LaserMax) for it that was in a gun shop on consignment. Picked it up for $100, but haven't yet installed it or tried it. I usually carry it in a Fobus paddle for OWB, but I also just bought a CrossBreed Supertuck for IWB, which is my preferred way to carry. IWB requires a bit more thought of clothing selection, so the holster will fit, but OWB always seems to find my pants dipping with a loaded G23 on that side, and I worry about the muzzle being seen, and thereby negating the concealment. IWB is really comfortable with the CrossBreed. So that's my take on my G23, love it, can't see me ever getting rid of it. I have had almost every brand and caliber on the market, and they all seem to come and go, but my G23 is still here. I'm not a Glock only guy, I like all kinds of guns, but like I said, for some reason it has always stayed with me. Hope yours ends up the same for you.

Smile Re: My new Glock 23 Pistol (40 cal.)

Quote Originally Posted by VooDoo1VooDoo1 View Post
    I bought mine a long time ago, and over the years, I have had more than 20 pistols and a few revolvers, the G23 is the only gun I never got rid of. My first pistol ever was a S&W 909, which was a single-stack 9mm. I bought it instead of a high cap version because I have smaller hands, and the single stack was the only thing that felt comfortable. I thought I was doomed to low cap single stack all my life until I found the G23. I had an ejector break on the S&W, and after losing a bit of confidence in that, I was looking to get something different. I had been doing research, and thought I wanted a .40. I was at a gun show, and a dealer had a G23c, which has two compensating cuts in the top of the barrrel near the muzzle, ostensibly to help with muzzle flip and recoil. If I recall, I sold my S&W for 250, and added about 200 for the Glock. Right away, it shot very well for me, seemed to fit my hand pretty well, and was thicker, but more compact than my S&W. I added a few things to it over the years, the more I started to carry it regularly. I added a Decal-Grip tape kit to it, and it truly improved the grip, for under $10.....as far as reliability and ease of use, I then added a stainless guide rod, replacing the polymer/plastic guide rod. Because I still have small hands, lol, I added an extended mag release and extended slide release. I also carry an M3 Streamlight weakside, which snaps right onto the picatinny rail cut into the frame. Those little upgrades made it a comfortable, tight shooting little gun, and I've never gotten rid of it. Just last summer I added Hi-viz sights to it, with the fiber-optic green front sight. The rear is similar in profile to a Novak sight, but the night sights are nice! I was just in Florida for work, and came across a guide rod laser (LaserMax) for it that was in a gun shop on consignment. Picked it up for $100, but haven't yet installed it or tried it. I usually carry it in a Fobus paddle for OWB, but I also just bought a CrossBreed Supertuck for IWB, which is my preferred way to carry. IWB requires a bit more thought of clothing selection, so the holster will fit, but OWB always seems to find my pants dipping with a loaded G23 on that side, and I worry about the muzzle being seen, and thereby negating the concealment. IWB is really comfortable with the CrossBreed. So that's my take on my G23, love it, can't see me ever getting rid of it. I have had almost every brand and caliber on the market, and they all seem to come and go, but my G23 is still here. I'm not a Glock only guy, I like all kinds of guns, but like I said, for some reason it has always stayed with me. Hope yours ends up the same for you.
    Wow, now that's a lot of good input. I really appreciate it and look forward to shooting my G23. Thanks!

(Carbon County)

My wife bought me one for valentines day...just shot it yesterday.recoil is less than my xd-40..shoots low or maybe it's me.(probably me!)I did shoot blazers out of it (alum case) anyway great gun shot 60 rounds no problems at all..even better it fits my holsters for my g-19(my primary carry gun))...as soon as I get better with the 23 that will be my primary carry..I love it..good luck with yours.heres a pic of mine.It's in the holster.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (291.0 KB, 16 views)

(Centre County)

Love my G23 more every time I shoot it. Just got a Lone Wolf 40-9 conversion barrel and it's like having bought a G19 too. Good luck man. Mines slowely becoming my primary carry.
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

(Centre County)

Where'd u get the stainless guide rod?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast