Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default Gun carry on college campuses

are there any colleges/universities that allow concealed [I]or[I] open carry in pa? what about anywhere else in the US?

(made the mistake of asking this on yahoo answers, bunch of ignorant people over there)

Default Re: Gun carry on college campuses

Quote Originally Posted by aidanbicer View Post
    are there any colleges/universities that allow concealed [I]or[I] open carry in pa? what about anywhere else in the US?

(made the mistake of asking this on yahoo answers, bunch of ignorant people over there)
    It is not illegal to carry (open or concealed) on college campus in PA. However, the vast majority have "rules" against carrying. If you are not a student you will most likely be asked to leave and if you refuse you can be charged with trespassing.

If you're a student you will most likely face internal charges up to and including expulsion.

If you are not a student my advice would be to CC. If a student, CC at your own risk.
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be construed as legal advice.

(Westmoreland County)

take a look at the group students for concealed carry on campus its a good group. i have been involved on my campus trying to be aloud to CC with the permit and everything and was told at every step to forget it

I am a student at Virginia Tech and one is NOT allowed to carry to on campus. There is a group/club that is trying to get the ball rolling on it but I doubt it will get far. Sad world, I think about it a lot if someone was able to defend themselves while in class

http://concealedcampus.org/

edit: added link to SCCC
    Last edited by Hokie; February 22nd, 2010 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokie View Post
    I am a student at Virginia Tech and as far as I am away it is still NOT allowed to carry. There is a group/club that is trying to get the ball rolling on it but I doubt it will get far. Sad world, I think about it a lot if someone was able to defend themselves while in class
    VA and Tech's rules are pretty much exactly as zackattack described above. Specifically, Policy and Procedure No. 5616 for on campus.

And if you haven't, go to a meeting of the SCCC. Their Facebook page is here.

Also, check out the Rifle/Pistol Club and Clay Target team.

(Sorry, I got excited when I heard of a fellow Hokie on here and I'm currently avoiding doing homework for my 11:15 class...which I don't have the book for...)

Now back to the OP's question, a big +1 to zachattack's response.

Quote Originally Posted by jokusfocus View Post
    VA and Tech's rules are pretty much exactly as zackattack described above. Specifically, Policy and Procedure No. 5616 for on campus.

And if you haven't, go to a meeting of the SCCC. Their Facebook page is here.

Also, check out the Rifle/Pistol Club and Clay Target team.

(Sorry, I got excited when I heard of a fellow Hokie on here and I'm currently avoiding doing homework for my 11:15 class...which I don't have the book for...)

Now back to the OP's question, a big +1 to zachattack's response.
    fellow hokie? we will have to go shoot some clays after the weather clears. Shoot me a PM sometime

(Lancaster County)

Utah has carry on all university campuses. Lots of other states have brought up campus carry bills but all defeated the last couple of years. We've gotta keep pushing till it gets done. Georgia has one right now they say might work this time around. I guess if it took 8-10 years to get shall issue CCW in a lot of states then it's going to take that long to get campus carry.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Centre County)

Post deleted by poster, as I am, doing to almost all my posts.
    Last edited by TheF00L; April 13th, 2010 at 06:41 AM.

(Westmoreland County)

I think Ohio now allows carry on college campus but i think it is similar to the way that PA does not say no but colleges do? correct me if i am wrong.