Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

View Poll Results: What did you do to help fight back against the Brady Bunch RE: Starbucks Appreciation

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Spent $$

17 68.00%
  • Only dropped literature

0 0%
  • Spent and dropped literature

1 4.00%
  • Spoke with the Manager on duty and/or employees

10 40.00%
  • Spoke with customers

3 12.00%
  • Ate in

10 40.00%
  • Took food/drink to go

8 32.00%
  • OC'd

10 40.00%
  • CC'd

14 56.00%
  • No weapons

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Centre County)

Default Starbucks CONSOLIDATED thread RE: Sun. 2-21-10 Political Activism push back!

deleted post by "poster"
    Last edited by TheF00L; April 11th, 2010 at 02:14 AM.

(Centre County)

Default Re: Starbucks CONSOLIDATED thread RE: Sun. 2-21-10 Political Activism push back!

Post deleted by poster, as I am, doing to almost all my posts.
    Last edited by TheF00L; April 13th, 2010 at 06:57 AM.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Starbucks CONSOLIDATED thread RE: Sun. 2-21-10 Political Activism push back!

Posted on the other thread also. My hubby and I went this eve to a local Starbucks and spoke with the Manager and 2 staff members. They did not know of Starbucks stand re the 2nd amendment or about the Brady campaign but enjoyed hearing about it and were very interested in talking with us. We had a specialty coffee and a hot chocolate and good conversation!

(Centre County)

Last edited by TheF00L; April 13th, 2010 at 06:55 AM.

(Monroe County)

There is a starbucks in my corporate center, but obviously, being corporate, no firearms allowed. So I didn't bother going, weaponless, and explaining to the manager why I'm spending my money there. I'll hit up the starbucks this weekend in the next town over, OC of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Lancaster County)

The big thing here is to spend money, and make sure that management knows why you're spending your money there.

Many of these places offer survey websites or toll free numbers to call and leave comments as well. In my experience, upper management actually reads and hears these kinds of comments--so it's important to make clear the reason for your visit and your satisfaction in this manner as well.

These people aren't going to hear anyone saying "I go to restaurant A because they don't allow guns".

Our voices will be the only ones heard, and Starbucks knows that they're following the law, so why mess up a good thing?

I would recommend strongly against handing out fliers to customers or attempting to educate them. This only increases the odds of them writing or calling in a complaint about how uncomfortable they were during their visit.

If they ask about it, that's different.

If a large company like this can show that they have received positive PR, and can see revenue growth, then others will follow suit. Corporations don't have opinions on the 2nd Amendment. They have opinions based on profits.

(Centre County)

Last edited by TheF00L; April 13th, 2010 at 06:54 AM.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by TheF00L View Post

Bought tea in 2 of the stores. I sat down and ate/drank at my first store (Barnes and Nobles location) and my last stop (North Atherton store).

A funny thing happened to me at the last stop...As I was speaking to the Manager and 2 other employees were listening, the Manager stopped me and asked what the 2nd Amendment was.

She was sincere and truly interested. I explained briefly and continued on for a few minutes. Sad that she did not know BUT COOL that she wanted to really understand what I was talking about!!!!!

All in all a great day OC'ing, educating, eating, drinking and being politically active.
    I dont give a shit if you cant do math, or can barely write your own name. If you went to school and dont know enough about the Bill of Rights to recognize the 2nd Amendment when used in context... even if you dont know what it applies to!... I find that very sad indeed.I dont think that bodes well for America. How the hell can you just coast along that ignorant about your world?

In other news, the cupcakes sound good. I have become a frequent stopper at the drive through at the Dickson City Starbucks. Went in once, counter lady saw me OC but didnt seem to care. One customer made eyes at me the whole time I just gave him a big smile and he stopped being so open about it. Too busy with the massive laptop I guess.

Starbucks is pretty good shit. I like the vanilla latte
    Millions for defense, Not one cent for tribute!

(Indiana County)

Exclamation Re: Starbucks CONSOLIDATED thread RE: Sun. 2-21-10 Political Activism push back!

Any government only wants it's citizens educated enough to be sheep and serve its bidding.Teaching civics is dangerous to the government!

(Centre County)

Last edited by TheF00L; April 13th, 2010 at 06:51 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast