Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Washington County)

Default Washington Co Friends of the NRA

The Washington Co "Friends of the NRA" Banquet will be March 13th at the Meadowlands Holiday Inn. Call Jack at 724-745-8900. Tickets are 50.00 and the includes dinner and 25.00 woth of raffle tickets. Other packages are available. Call Jack at GunRunner for further details.
    G19/G23/ G26/G27/Walther P22/NAA 22LR /2 Ruger LCP/Taurus 24/7OSS/Mosbrg. 715T

(Washington County)

Default Re: Washington Co Friends of the NRA

What exactly happens at a Friends of the NRA banquet? I live in Washington county and am a member of the NRA. Also, what is the raffle for?
    The mightiest oak in the forest is just a little nut that held his ground.

(Washington County)

They have live and silent auctions. There are many special NRA only items you can bid on. with your ticket purchase you get dinner and 25.00 worth of tickets for pzizes that will drawn from a large cooler and at the end even the cooler is given away. It's an interesting night and gets you out of the house to get rid of cabin fever. I may have an extra ticket at my table. I see you live in Lawrence. I work at VW.
    G19/G23/ G26/G27/Walther P22/NAA 22LR /2 Ruger LCP/Taurus 24/7OSS/Mosbrg. 715T

(Clearfield County)

My wife has her own business and does the sponsor deal at ours. That gets you a meal a handful of raffle tickets and chances for the Sponsor Gun Raffle. I think they normally have 10-12 firearms for the sponsor drawings.

One year, we went to two dinners, and we won three guns, so it worked out pretty well. Truth be told, we had to be lucky to break even on the whole evening, but it is for a good cause, promotion of shooting sports.

They also have a lot of other gun drawings that you can buy chances for through the evening. We go to the Ridgway and Dubois dinners and they have a pretty good turn out.

Last summer we went to a Ruffed Grouse Society dinner, it was ok, but I think we'll pass this year. I just can't get too excited over 28 gauge shotguns, or at least I think that's what they were, awful tiny.
    "Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions." G.K. Chesterton

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAGLOCK23 View Post
    They have live and silent auctions. There are many special NRA only items you can bid on. with your ticket purchase you get dinner and 25.00 worth of tickets for pzizes that will drawn from a large cooler and at the end even the cooler is given away. It's an interesting night and gets you out of the house to get rid of cabin fever. I may have an extra ticket at my table. I see you live in Lawrence. I work at VW.
    Sounds like a lot of fun. Might have to talk to the wife about it.

Yeah the vw dealership is just up the road from here. I work out at the airport. Not too far of a commute.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by sksmith75 View Post
    My wife has her own business and does the sponsor deal at ours. That gets you a meal a handful of raffle tickets and chances for the Sponsor Gun Raffle. I think they normally have 10-12 firearms for the sponsor drawings.

One year, we went to two dinners, and we won three guns, so it worked out pretty well. Truth be told, we had to be lucky to break even on the whole evening, but it is for a good cause, promotion of shooting sports.

They also have a lot of other gun drawings that you can buy chances for through the evening. We go to the Ridgway and Dubois dinners and they have a pretty good turn out.

Last summer we went to a Ruffed Grouse Society dinner, it was ok, but I think we'll pass this year. I just can't get too excited over 28 gauge shotguns, or at least I think that's what they were, awful tiny.
    I would love to win a gun from a raffle! How many people usually go to this dinner? Since it's for the NRA it definately has peaked my interest. Plus it would be cool to see all the items they have up for auction.