Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: thanks crlovel

(Montgomery County)

Default thanks crlovel

Chris, It was nice meeting you today. Thanks so much for your help with the Paletown Rod and Gun Club membership. You are a rare breed to go so far to help newbies join the club. See you on the rifle range. You are welcome to shoot my M1 Garand. Hope you are not too much of a better shot than I am.
    Paul

(Montgomery County)

Thumbs up Re: thanks crlovel

i want to join the "thanks chris" bandwagon. nice meeting you.
    give a shout when you're going to fling some clay. joe

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: thanks crlovel

Definitely above and beyond, Muchos Gracias!!!!
    Keep perspective, recognize the good in your enemies and the bad in your friends.
    "--you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein, Revolt in 2100

(Bucks County)

He is doing the Lord's work that's for sure. We need to get all you new guys togther with us recently new guys for a P-Town shoot!

(Berks County)

I just saw this. You're welcome, guys, my pleasure.

(Chester County)

Chris,

Are you starting a Paletown membership drive for 2011? I have a few people who are interested in joining if I can direct them your way.

P.S. to all you Paletowners, time to send in those $10 dues for 2011.
    "Cause remember: no matter where you go.....there you are" ---Buckaroo Banzai

(Berks County)

Nick,

Never again. If anyone wants to join, fine, but I'm not going out of my way anymore. Keeping everything straight, collecting money, etc is a pain in the ass, and the club really doesn't seem to appreciate people bringing in a lot of new members. Plus, one of the board was commenting that they may cap the membership now, with no more being accepted. I'm going to guess that this is because of my membership drives. This is the board member who bitches every year when I drop off my apps.

I'll be going to the December meeting to turn in my 2011 dues, and pay the dues for a few friends who can't make it. If you have a few friends who want to join, just bring in the applications before the February meeting. Personally, I won't be there.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by crlovel View Post

Never again. If anyone wants to join, fine, but I'm not going out of my way anymore. Keeping everything straight, collecting money, etc is a pain in the ass, and the club really doesn't seem to appreciate people bringing in a lot of new members. Plus, one of the board was commenting that they may cap the membership now, with no more being accepted. I'm going to guess that this is because of my membership drives. This is the board member who bitches every year when I drop off my apps.

I'll be going to the December meeting to turn in my 2011 dues, and pay the dues for a few friends who can't make it. If you have a few friends who want to join, just bring in the applications before the February meeting. Personally, I won't be there.
    They are a petty backwards club. If it wasn't for the $10 dues I would have walked away after the first year. I'll call Charles to ask about my friend joining. Thanks!
    "Cause remember: no matter where you go.....there you are" ---Buckaroo Banzai

Quote Originally Posted by crlovel View Post
    I'll be going to the December meeting to turn in my 2011 dues, and pay the dues for a few friends who can't make it.
    I'll see you there for that then, I have someone watching the kids so I can turn in my money and also try and sign up the family as it happily seems to have become a new family past time.
    I called and left a message for Charlie to see about an app for them but haven't heard back from him yet. Figure as well as Kat, I'll get the boys junior memberships now in case they ever decide to cap membership.