Names will be excluded from this story as I did not ask permission to post any information here.

I encountered a man yesterday while indulging in recreational firearms activities. He told me his story:

Saturday morning, 2/20, around 3 AM this gentleman was at the pocono medical center with some friend or relative, didn't specify. He walked outside to go buy a pack of cigarettes at the gas station across the street. As he was making his way over, a group of males approached him from the rear and black jacked him from behind. As he fell to the ground they started stomping and kicking his face and torso, in an attempt to grab his necklace. As this happened two employees at the gas station saw what was happening and ran outside and started screaming at them. They quickly disbanded and took off on foot without his property, luckily, but not before they left his face bloodied and his body beaten.

The police were called, and arrived promptly on scene. However, the man who was mugged said "not fast enough to stop what happened". He said they apprehended one of the males, just a few blocks away, but the two others attackers evaded police.

I doubt this story will be making the local paper, as I assume the majority of crimes never will. I felt it was necessary to let local members chew on something for a while, that there is indeed a violent criminal element active within the area. Just a reminder. Keep your situational awareness up, stay armed, and stay safe.