Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Centre County)

Default I got me a first Kimber

Its my first Kimber. Its Custom II. I know its like base model, but my shop wanted to move it, and was kept dropping price to the point of stupid if I didn't take it(I said I'll take it when they dropped price down to $699. I just had to take it at that price!).

(Sorry for the poor pic quality..)

I have DW CBOB, and I love the damn thing. Its tight fitting, great fit/finish, accurate, dependable, and well broken in.she have never let me down.
    And its unfortunate, but I compare any 1911 to my CBOB
    Kimber's fit/finish is not as good as it can be. While fit of barrel/bushing/slide is excellent(where it counts), slide to frame fit is... well, could be better.
    But at the same time, I understand that my CBOB was $1200. So its not really fair to compare these two.

So anyhow, I field stripped it, cleaned it, degreased it, oiled it up, put it back together(being very careful with shwaltz safety).
    I took it out to shoot it, and I'm happy to report that 175rds went without an issue. I have 3 Kimpro mag from my CBOB, and seems to work really well with it.

(little dirty..)

Not as accurate as I was expected it to be. But I'm used to my CBOB's well broken in 3.5lb trigger. So I think I just needs to get used to the trigger, and gun itself needs to be broken in(everything is very stiff still) is all...

I tried to not like it. But its really hard not to. its a good, solid basic 1911 with most everything anyone wants already on it.
    I like it enough, I think I'm gonna order some nightsight, metal MSH/magwell thingie(like on TPR), and better/thinner grip(I like them carbonfiber grip panels...)

I hope this would not be a last kimber I'm gonna get
    Last edited by Mity2; February 20th, 2010 at 08:42 PM.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

Default Re: I got me a first Kimber

Nothing like a Kimber to make a man 'sport wood' .... very nice piece, enjoy!