Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Impactguns Price Error?

I'm shopping for a Lyman Great Plains Hunter muzzleloader. They seem to go for around $550. Well that's roughly the Cabela's and MidwayUsa price. But hold on! Impact Guns has it for $380? Yet the flint version is $520? And then I read the recent post about potential order problems with Impactguns. The gun on Impact is out of stock for 2 to 3 weeks. What would you do? That's quite a savings.

Default Re: Impactguns Price Error?

Ok right after I posted, I did a search for "Impact guns rip off" and got the info I needed. Turns out these guys often use a "bait and switch" approach to sales. The people who live locally in Utah seem to think they are great, but the online store seems to be a different story. I learned my lesson from a recent battle with an online car parts place from CA. No Thanks!

(Armstrong County)

Ya they do that. When they did it to me they put available @ one price then when i got an email saying it was backordered i talked to the women and she said "yes it is available but from one of our other suppliers and it will be $70 more...

Impact has turned into another Botach. It's sad because I used to do a lot of business with Impact when they were a smaller company. Too bad their reputation has gone down hill.

The big thing with Impact is that they do not have a lot of the firearms in stock. It seems to take forever to get the product that you order from them. Searching/researching is your friend when it comes to finding out which company to deal with and which ones to avoid.

(Montgomery County)

Never had a problem with Botach and they have the best prices on almost eveything they sell. I ordered a Colt 6920 and had it in about a week, ordered another 6920, same result. I ordered a bunch of stuff on their Botach Tactical site and it shipped a little slow due to Slip lube out of stock, I called and they shipped the order without it. I read some reviews on websites but the guy who runs the place always replies with an answer and help, what else can he do? Where can you buy a Colt 6920 for $1100.00 shipped?