Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default blackhawk cpc belt

Has anyone used or is anyone using this belt? I've been looking for a carry belt and while I really like the belts that the beltman makes that's a little more coin then I can explain away right now. What does pafoa think about these belts by blackhawk?
    Last edited by cigarmanpa; February 19th, 2010 at 11:50 PM.

(Schuylkill County)

Default Re: blackhawk cpc belt

Quote Originally Posted by cigarmanpa View Post
    Has anyone used or is anyone using this belt? I've been looking for a carry belt and while I really like the belts that the beltman makes that's a little more coin then I can explain away right now. What does pafoa think about these belts by blackhawk?
    The CQC belts are fine. They look nice. I tried one on, but didn't purchase.

I need something a little wider much of the time, unless I am wearing a suit.
    I primarily wore narrow belts when I wore suits and was not hanging a holster or OC and other stuff off them.

The nice thing is they don't scream cop or gun guy like a web belt or a garrison belt might.

The one belt that is narrow that I like the best and wear the most is thicker and stiffer than most belts. This is just like these ones from blackhawk, but I still prefer a little wider belt since I am probably bigger than most people on the mainland.

If I needed another narrow belt for more a dressier environment where I would be carrying, these belts would be a good choice. They are good looking, stiff, and should hold up. I would avoid the carbon fiber ones because to me they did not look "untactical" enough.

Aloha

(Montgomery County)

For jeans, I personally like rigger type belts. I've got a Tactical Tailor belt that works very well for me.

For more of a dress belt, I'd personally go with something like a Mernickle belt. I know they're not cheap, but the quality is much better than Blackhawk. That being said, if you get a good deal on a Blackhawk belt and it works well for you, go for it, and let us know how it works.

(Berks County)

I picked up a Wilderness Tactical belt and LOVE IT!

(Allegheny County)

I have been using one for about 6 months. I have the 1 1/4" black gator pattern (its pretty subdued and not that noticeable).

So far it has held up very well, and works great for me. Ive worn it with anything from a suit to jeans.

I bought mine from opticsplanet.com, they had the best price I could find. +free shipping on orders over $30

I think the belt was like $28 so I added some cleaning patches to get my order over $30.

For the price and quality I would recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by keystoneman 85 View Post
    I picked up a Wilderness Tactical belt and LOVE IT!
    +1 on Wilderness Tactical. I have a 5 stitch with stiffener & wear it all the time for work, play & casual.
    For the rare times that I need something more dressy, (If I have to dress up to go someplace, I don't belong there!), I have a Galco 1 1/4" SB1.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

I've been steared toward the wilderness tactical belt by another memeber here and it looks like a fine belt, however I'm more of a leather man. Thanks for the help guys I'll check out the other belts you have mentioned

Im a big waisted person so its hard for me to find some of these specialty belts, I also ride a Motorcycle. I found FoxCreek Leather they make very nice Motorcycle jackets,gloves and Belts. Thier belts are pretty thick and stiff and works well with a holster. You might want to check them out if youre looking for a belt that seems to work well.
    [SIGPIC]

(Allegheny County)

5.11 leather belt

I was lucky and picked up one of these belts on clearance for $7.99 and have been wearing it a lot. Very solid and stiff. I found them on sale for $20 at the link above and even that price is a steal.

Edit: Just notice that the store in my link is very close to being out of stock. You can still find the belts for around $25-$30 if you shop around.

I am really going to look at getting one of these belts. Being a big guy , I am eating belts (lol) about every other month.
    Tantric Shooting Team