Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Default Re: Current LTCF turn times

Figured this was probably the place to ask - I moved to Virginia from West Chester about 13 years ago. I had a PA LTCF when I was a resident, but I obviously let that lapse when I moved. Got my VA CCW permit 10 years ago or so, and up until last year that was recognized by PA and I could carry when I came back to visit family.

Obviously nowadays that's no longer the case, so I'm looking into getting a non-resident permit. Has anyone had any experience getting one from Chester County? Am I just SOL now unless I find another state to get a recognized non-resident permit in? I looked at the NR/NFA by county page, but didn't know how up to date that was.

Thanks!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by EssRay View Post
    Figured this was probably the place to ask - I moved to Virginia from West Chester about 13 years ago. I had a PA LTCF when I was a resident, but I obviously let that lapse when I moved. Got my VA CCW permit 10 years ago or so, and up until last year that was recognized by PA and I could carry when I came back to visit family.

Obviously nowadays that's no longer the case, so I'm looking into getting a non-resident permit. Has anyone had any experience getting one from Chester County? Am I just SOL now unless I find another state to get a recognized non-resident permit in? I looked at the NR/NFA by county page, but didn't know how up to date that was.

Thanks!
    www.chesco.org/1950/License-to-Carry-Firearms appears to support the PAFOA/county chart because it states a LTCF applicant must reside in Chester County.
    Last edited by str8shooter; July 25th, 2019 at 02:32 PM.
    You are a straight white man. You don't get to be the victim, sweetie.

Quote Originally Posted by str8shooter View Post
    According to www.pafoa.org/counties Chester County does not issue non-resident LTCFs. I'm not sure how up-to-date the chart is, but www.chesco.org/1950/License-to-Carry-Firearms appears to support it because it states a LTCF applicant must reside in Chester County.
    Thanks, that confirmed what I was fearful of. Guess I need to hunt around, see if I have anyone in York maybe....

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by EssRay View Post
    Thanks, that confirmed what I was fearful of. Guess I need to hunt around, see if I have anyone in York maybe....
    Sorry, I re-read your post and noticed you already saw that chart. I was editing my response, but you replied mid-edit.
    You are a straight white man. You don't get to be the victim, sweetie.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920