Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Current LTCF turn times

We walked out with our LTCFs with the "renew" box checked, laminated with date of issuance and expiration date. Looks exactly like my last LTCF.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
    We walked out with our LTCFs with the "renew" box checked, laminated with date of issuance and expiration date. Looks exactly like my last LTCF.
    Please clarify... you walked in with two completed renewal applications, got your pictures taken and walked out 45 minutes later with your LTCFs, (i.e., no more waiting 45 days to get the LTCF in the mail)?

(Chester County)

^^^EXACTLY^^^

Guess we're special!

Honest to God, walked into ChesCo. Sherriff's ofc., in West Chester courthouse, Tues., 1/2/2018 @ ~ 9am with completed LTCF renewal app., got photos and signed electronic pad, and walked out with renewed LTCF card in less than 1 hour.
    Last edited by eatmydust; January 4th, 2018 at 12:56 PM. Reason: added info.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    Please clarify... you walked in with two completed renewal applications, got your pictures taken and walked out 45 minutes later with your LTCFs, (i.e., no more waiting 45 days to get the LTCF in the mail)?
    FWIW, that would be about double the usual time here in Cumberland County. Gone in for my own, my wife's and my brother's. <20 minutes in/out in all cases.
    DGAF

(Chester County)

Chester County changed their procedures, LTCF renewals are processed and renewed on the spot, ie. you leave with your new license after passing the PICs check. New applications are not issued immediately but the turn around time is usually 10-15 days.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by CJR55 View Post
    Chester County changed their procedures, LTCF renewals are processed and renewed on the spot, ie. you leave with your new license after passing the PICs check. New applications are not issued immediately but the turn around time is usually 10-15 days.
    Outstanding... great to hear.

(Chester County)

Just got my renewal paperwork in the mail today from Chester County. The letterhead states that i need to provide two character references. I remember doing so when i initially got my LTCF, but is it really necessary? Correct me if i'm wrong, but i was under impression that they were getting away from that practice. I can provide them if needed be. Can someone please clarify this for me? thanks

(Chester County)

I just went in on Friday the 16th and for new applications, it still takes "up to" 45 days. I really hope it doesn't actually take that long haha. I had to take a half a day of work to get there on time before they closed.

Just far enough from Philly, Pennsylvania

Mine was a new application not a renewal since we recently moved down from NY, 2 weeks and 2 days from the time I submitted until I had the card in hand. An absolute pleasure compared to NY where the application process involves a 4-9months wait, an interview with a county judge and a potential spot check of your residence. I won't lie I'm enjoying the irony of getting my LTCF on the same day as all these anti-2a dopeys are having their "march".
    Last edited by Highnoone; March 24th, 2018 at 08:42 PM.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by AS70 View Post
    Just got my renewal paperwork in the mail today from Chester County. The letterhead states that i need to provide two character references. I remember doing so when i initially got my LTCF, but is it really necessary? Correct me if i'm wrong, but i was under impression that they were getting away from that practice. I can provide them if needed be. Can someone please clarify this for me? thanks
    When I renewed I asked Deputy if I needed references, he said "no". In Berks.

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast