Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Wind gap GUN show (FEB 20,21)

Thank you Noah, it worked great!!.
    I was there 9:20 and i didnt see any $329 ak's either

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    Took my advice, I see!

Noah

(Monroe County)

Not as many stinky people at the Wind Gap show than recently at Allentown. As mentioned before, there was a guy wandering around dressed like a 1970s used car saleman and smelled as if he hadn't taken a shower since then either.

Lot of plastic AR15 tactical add-on components to be seen. Does anybody actually buy that junk anymore? Then there were the $950 priced $450 CMP Rack Grade M1 Garand rifles.

Then, I made the mistake to buy a can labeled as "Fruit Punch" from the concession stand. Opened the thing, took a swig and at once gagged. It was extremely bad stuff that tasted, smelled and looked like brake fluid. Mentioned to a seller behind a table that the liquid I'd just tried was horrendously bad. He asked for some in an empty cup and took a taste. The guy spit it out and declared the so-called Fruit Punch to be the worst canned drink he'd ever sampled. It was some totally bogus generic brand soda. Where the hell do they get this terrible stuff? Tossed the can with remaining content into a nearby trash can. Took the rest of the day just to get rid of the filmy aftertaste.

Meanwhile, guys were wolfing down the erzatz looking cheeseburgers and greasy fries as if they'd not eaten for a week. That grub simply did not look at all appetizing. Couldn't watch that any longer and bugged out making a break for the front door.

Stopped by the smaller room up front and checked in with some old friends. Bought an as new canvas SKS sling from them for $5.00. Good deal!

Need to check on when is the next Mount Bethel gun show. If for nothing else, the concession stand food there is actually very good. Fine quality burgers and hot dogs that don't make a person want to puke five minutes later. The people at Mount Bethel have cauldrons of excellent New England clam chowder there too.
    Last edited by Capt Quahog; February 21st, 2010 at 05:29 PM.

(Lehigh County)

I just got home from visiting the show. I sold an M1 Garand (for a family friend) and a couple of ammo cans. I also picked up an AR lower reciever for a future build.

Not a bad day all in all.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Quahog View Post
    . . . Then, I made the mistake to buy a can labeled as "Fruit Punch" from the concession stand. Opened the thing, took a swig and at once gagged. It was extremely bad stuff that tasted, smelled and looked like brake fluid . . .

Meanwhile, guys were wolfing down the erzatz looking cheeseburgers and greasy fries as if they'd not eaten for a week. That grub simply did not look at all appetizing. Couldn't watch that any longer and bugged out making a break for the front door.

I make a point to NEVER eat gun show concession food. Never.

Noah

Quote Originally Posted by ReconLdr View Post
    I just got home from visiting the show. I sold an M1 Garand (for a family friend) and a couple of ammo cans. I also picked up an AR lower reciever for a future build.

Not a bad day all in all.
    And you didn't stop by to say hello you prick?

BTW, the $329 AK that I saw Saturday) was in the back right corner, at the end of the row we were at. I didn't even look to see if it was still there today though.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234