Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Montco Class 3?

(Chester County)

Default Montco Class 3?

PA is a pretty free state but I notce that no Gun shop I can find carries class 3 or has a Class 3 license. Of course CP does but thats Bucks cnty.

Anyone know specifically if I can own Full Auto and Suppressors without issue in Montgomery county?

IF so, do you get an especially hard and long wait to get your stamp?

Thanks
    R
    www.derespinaknives.com

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Montco Class 3?

The Montgomery county sheriff would not sign the ATF tax forms for NFA items. However the sheriff just recently died, so that might change when a new sheriff is appointed, but I tend to doubt that will happen.

Not in Montco, but very close. Autoweapons.com I can't get the link to work but that's the address. Their located in Ivyland. They will know the ins and outs for Montco. I was going to use them for a transfer (deal fell through) and they were very helpful. Since a transfer isn't as profitable as a sale you'd assume it wouldn't be as important to them. Nope, they spent their time with me on some emails and treated me as if I were a long time big spender.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

(Chester County)

Thanks fellas, both disappointing and encouraging responses. I jusy wonder how the Montco Sheriff is able to circumvent the laws of teh state which allow for class 3?

Thnx
    www.derespinaknives.com

(Montgomery County)

You do not need to find a dealer in Montco to buy an nfa item. They can be anywhere. Hell, if you find something that you want on subguns or sturm in another state, they can transfer it into whatever pa dealer you choose, again, PA county does not matter.

David spiwak in bloomsburg is good - so is howard block at jbarms. I'm sure there are many more too.

You don't need to get the sheriff to sign. Just get your local CLEO (chief law inforcment officer) to sign. Find out who that is and call and ask him. If that doesn't work there are others that are able to sign off on a form 1/4. If all else fails, set up a trust or LLC and buy what you want without any cleo signature, no finger prints, and no photos.

The wait time (for your approved forms to come back) from the nfa branch is going to be about 4-5 months.

http://forum.pafoa.org/nfa-class-3-t...a-jaybell.html

Jaybell put in some serious effort and came up with a comprehensive guide to answer your questions.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

Kings is in KOP...but their prices are high on NFA items. If you have a suppressor shipped in, they will charge you $100 for the paperwork. I have a C3 guy in Schuylkill that only charges $45 for the same paperwork. If you have something shipped in from another state, you avoid paying sales tax and you will probably find it cheaper. This guy for example offers some great prices on suppressors.

If the Sheriff won't sign off you can get any CLEO to sign the paperwork, OR you can go LLC or trust route and avoid all signatures.

http://www.major-malfunction.com/

(Montgomery County)

I think Clayton's is class 3--I was in there when there where delivering a silencer to a customer

Quote Originally Posted by GUNRUNNER View Post
    I think Clayton's is class 3--I was in there when there where delivering a silencer to a customer

The customer probably had to lay down his kidney and lung as a deposit on the suppressor...lol

(Chester County)

Thanks fellas lotsa great info! I'm a regular at Claytons and while they don't stock anything c3 I did ask if they could snag me a suppressor and they said they could so they must be?

BTW, they are opening a shooting range in the back in about two months. They're building it now. I'm psyched because they are just 2 miles down 611 from me.

Thanks again!
    R
    Last edited by Derespina Knives; February 22nd, 2010 at 07:01 PM.
    www.derespinaknives.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast