Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Venango County)

Default Picked up a new taurus

Well, tax return came in the other day. So the other night I went out looking for a kel tec pf9. Unfortunately, none of the shops had any in stock, and didn't know when they would be getting any in.

Told the guy what I was looking for in a gun, and he showed me some of the taurus millenniums. Looked them over a bit, went home and checked some reviews and thoughts on them. Went back out today with my brother, looked at it a bit more. Felt it in my hand, put it in a IWB holster and slipped it on. It felt perfect. The grip fits my hand, it's light, easy to hold. And looks pretty nice too. Not the best gun in the world, but I am sure it will do the trick just fine.

So today I walked out the door for $407 for a taurus pt140 in titanium, .40, a box of ammo, and a nice IWB holster. I think it was a pretty good deal, maybe could have gotten a few dollars less, but they are nice there, and I think I found my new gun shop. No upselling, just information, and no pressure. Now, I'm out to the farm to squeeze a few rounds off and get a feel for her. I'll have to take pics later and post them.

Hokkmike Guest

Default Re: Picked up a new taurus

I, and I am sure others, will be very interested if you can post a range report! Thanks and good luck with your pistol.

(Montgomery County)

Sounds like a deal. What shop was it?
    I have come to appreciate Taurus guns recently. Got 2 revolvers: an 85 and just picked up a 94 (which I will be posting a question about next.)
    Who knows, you might be better off than your original plan.

Ham radio: when all else fails.

(Blair County)

I like taurus guns. Ive owned a pt100sf that I loved except for the size, but I traded it in for more then I paid for it and just last week I bought a Taurus 44 mag, love it so far....cant find a holster it will fit into, but I like it.

(Venango County)

Well, by the time we got everything set up, and ready, we didn't have much light. So I didn't get a chance to shoot it tonight. I really wish I had some land of my own to just go out and squeeze a few rounds off. Hopefully I will get a chance this weekend, depends on his work schedual, and what all happens. Had it on my hip all night, and didn't even notice it at all. Now, I know part of that is the holster. But, the gun being as light as it is didn't hurt either. Did manage to snap a few pics with my iphone at his place, and I got them on the computer now. I'll post them up, sorry if the quality is bad.

Little edit: Forgot to mention that I got it at gun world in Harrisville. Near Grove City. Liked the way they did business, and was very impressed with the selection they had as well.
    Last edited by Connal; February 18th, 2010 at 09:31 PM.

(Monroe County)

I'm in the market for a carry gun , last week i handled a PT 145 at the fun store and i must say i were impressed, Taurus did do a good job on these pistols quality wise, i thought i would have the trigger pull , but i rather liked it , its long and soft with a clean light letoff much like my Kahr
    and at a decent price, i ended up had the dealer order a G36 with night sights, but i might still look into a Millenium pro.

Dont forget to shoot about a hundred rounds through it before considering it for carry.

Nymac

(Monroe County)

Congrats on your purchase. I have heard good things about the Millenium line of pistols especially their concealability. Enjoy and post back with a range report.

(Jefferson County)

Good that you found a shop you liked. I'm willing to pay a bit more for the service I want, and always try to give those places business.

(Lehigh County)

Picked up a PT 92 today. I'm in love. Can't wait to take it to the range.

Trying to find some OWB and IWB holsters for it. Maybe some grips...

Any recommendations?