Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Clinton County)

Default How is the Training at Tripoli's Triggers Firearms Training and Educational Center.

I have not heard much about Tripoli's Triggers Firearms Training and Educational Center in Williamsport PA. Anyone have any experience with them. I have info on a beginners firearm training course they are Having. They have an indoor range.
    Last edited by B2Luv2Hunt; February 18th, 2010 at 06:54 AM.

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: How is the Training at Tripoli's Triggers Firearms Training and Educational Cente

The defensive handgun courses are good. The basic class is a good chance to let them diagnose grip, trigger stance, etc. issues or push your self if you have good fundamentals. The classes are always small and you get a lot of individual attention.

The best part about their program is that you can schedule one on one time with the instructors working on whatever you want help with. I would have liked a level 1.5 or something going over reloads and malfunction drills and how to practice those as well as: "I have a box of 50 rounds and 1/2 or and hour to burn, how should allot my time/rounds to practice effectively?" between level one and two.

If you have a problem area or want to learn more about a specific area, that one on one time is golden. My last class the intructor was actually out on the range doing a one on one session with a student right before the class. He had a great day.

When you move up to the next level classes, you right into self defense scenarios/training. You get very good, practical instruction in the classes. The only drawback is limited time/round count. You will come away wanting to go back for more. For the time and $$$ involved, I think it is worth while.