Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default just bought a camp

Me and my family just bought a nice camp in elk county. right near Hulton mountain off 949. we have always been rifle hunting up there for the past 10 years and have been waiting for something like this to fall into our laps. during the 09 rifle season we noticed and camp for sale checked it out a bought it. needs work but im excited for spring to start work!

(Chester County)

Default Re: just bought a camp

Congrats!! I hope it stays in your family to keep the tradition going for many years to come.

Enjoy, and stay safe.

(Jefferson County)

Hallton is the name of that area.. If the "Hallton Hilton" is still open, have a belly buster and a beer for me please..
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Really great area....I don't get there near as much as I used to. Enjoy your camp!
    Jules

(Somerset County)

Haven't had a Belly Buster in years. And a mountain of fries. Congratulations on the purchase, have fun!

Dale

(Butler County)

That is a great area. l own a camp in Clearfeild along with my my dad who lives in Falls creek .I go through there a couple times a year. That whole region is awesome! Good hunting and good people.Congratulations!

Congrats man! I grew up going to my buddies camp, it is my life long goal to some day own a camp!

Good for you, really, that's great! Enjoy.

(Allegheny County)

Thanks guys! last time we were up there we tried finding the hullton hilton but no luck. hopefully after this snow melts well head up in a few weeks and ill definitly have to try to find it this time around. Hunting can be good just gotta find the right area. Off that mountain i have seen some shooters but have only pulled doe. it is a gorgeous area though, cant wait for spring/summer.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by muppetmower0088 View Post
    Thanks guys! last time we were up there we tried finding the hullton hilton but no luck. hopefully after this snow melts well head up in a few weeks and ill definitly have to try to find it this time around. Hunting can be good just gotta find the right area. Off that mountain i have seen some shooters but have only pulled doe. it is a gorgeous area though, cant wait for spring/summer.
    It'll look like an old church/school house, ..sorta. White in color, with lots of dirt on the siding. Its along the river. It usually has 1 neon sign in the window.

Burgers and fries are the recommended order. Do NOT drink from the glasses, only from a bottle or can. Pay no attention to the hole in the bathroom wall to the outside. Prices will vary from order-to-order. One time you order 4 beers it'll be $10, the next time those 4 beer will be $1, the next time $7. lol
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Somerset County)

Everybody calls it the Hallton Hilton but isn't actually the Hallton Sportsmans or something like that?

Like Knight said, white building near the river. I mapquested Hallton Pa. I don't see Hallton Mountain but if you're on 949, you're on the wrong side of the river. If you follow the river, it's between Portland Mills and Heath Pump Station.

It's been years but we came in from Brockway, after we hit 949 we turned right onto a road, (looks like Metts Rd on Mapquest) then went right at the Y (onto Shanly Hill rd), down a big hill, crossed the river on a narrow iron bridge and turned right (upstream) The Hilton's not too far upstream. We always went home by going upstream and making right hand turns, that brought us out in Ridgway. It's been 20 years tho, I could be off some. I know the bridge and hill is right but the rest???

I agree with Knight, Bottles or Cans only. Well, shots are OK 'cause there's enough alcohol to sterilize the glass. That was my reasoning!

Dale

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast