Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Show your reloading bench thread

Heres mine

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Show your reloading bench thread

I like how compact it is. I need to organize and set up a bench. Your pic has given me some good ideas.
    Veritas Vos Liberat

(Jefferson County)

I'm jealous... Nice bench...

Here is my loading station.. I'm kinda limited by space to spare in my small house.

RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    I'm jealous... Nice bench...

Here is my loading station.. I'm kinda limited by space to spare in my small house.

How do you like your pro1000.I had one about 15 years ago.And If I remember right it ran just fine. Thinking of getting one or the load master.But there seems to be allot of people that have problems with them. Don't look like anything but the powder measure on the pro 1000 that is different from the one I use to have

(Westmoreland County)

Did some modifications to the bench.Added a shelf behind the powder measure to put the scale on.But take a look at the tumbler. I cut a hole in the table top so it would fit under the shelfs. Also this eliminates any movement of the tumbler as its running. Its supported with a piece of plywood under neath the table. And I put holes in it to get more air for the cooling fan thats in the tumbler.Also cut and heated up the drain pan so it would form fit around the tumbler.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by RUDY850 View Post
    How do you like your pro1000.I had one about 15 years ago.And If I remember right it ran just fine. Thinking of getting one or the load master.But there seems to be allot of people that have problems with them. Don't look like anything but the powder measure on the pro 1000 that is different from the one I use to have
    Its ok for a cheapo progressive press. I only load 44mag and 45LC with it, and have it "tuned" for those.. There are definitely better progressive presses out there, but for those like me on a limited budget - you cant beat the deal. I paid $120 for it brand new w/45LC dies from MidwayUSA a couple years ago.

My only gripes are the auto primer and powder charger.. The primer doesn't always work, and the charger is a bitch to get sync'd. ...that and I dont trust ANY auto charger. My 505 scale doesn't lie, or cause squib or over-charges.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Bucks County)

thanks for the thread idea. I'm going to be moving in the next month or so to Bristol, and will have a basement again, so once i'm settled in I'm hoping to get into putting together a little area down there and get into reloading probably within a year or so, depends on whatever else I have on my plate.

A picture's worth a thousand words though, definitely helps a lot!

(Lycoming County)

I had to set up an additional bench as my basement ceiling is to low. The bench is 2' x 2' with a balance scale on a shelf next to the table. I purchased additional sets of dies so there is no need to adjust them from one press to the other. At this point the the progressive is only set up for .357 and .45 ACP, I hope to include .223 and .45 LC soon.

My basement bench is 6' x 2' made of 1.5" angle iron with a 3/4" plywood top. Due to the lack of head room I had to abandon shelving and go with a small piece of peg board. I store accessories in a range box. Items such as boxes of bullets, empty casings, case cleaner are stored on the bottom shelf.
    Last edited by 1927A1; September 3rd, 2007 at 02:41 PM.
    Jack

(Bedford County)

I also have mine in the basement with a low ceiling. I may have just a little more headspace than 1927A1 as I was able to put in a few shelves. When I finish remodeling my sons new bedroom and he moves in I hope to build a new bench and move into his old room. That is unless my wife has other plans for the room. Oh well here is my (hopefully temporary setup). I built my bench around an old oak table that was in the basement when we bought the house. I topped with 3/4" plywood and part of it is covered with an old kitchen table top (cleans up nice).

I also have a small flexible light installed on classic turret press. I picked this idea up on another forum. Really nice, I can see the charge in the casing before seating bullet. Got it at local Harbor Freight store.

I am usually a slob but for some reason I keep this area nice and tidy. I clean up after reloading. Not sure why!
    <a href=http://www.pafoa.org/forum/imagehosting/2175485722f4a1b35.jpg target=_blank>http://www.pafoa.org/forum/imagehost...722f4a1b35.jpg</a>

"A gun in the hands of a bad man is a very dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good person is no danger to anyone except the bad guys." ~ Charlton Heston, 1997

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast