Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Beaver County)

Default Online Firearm Accessory Merchants

Some good ones . . . Cheaperthandirt.com and MidwayUSA.com are excellent. They have great prices and they ship the products quickly. I don't have any experiences with Midway's customer service yet but CTD was great. I had to return a Fobus holster that scratched one of my pistols and they got me the shipping label quickly and refunded me the money quickly. I really like Tactical.com (Blackhawk products and free shipping on $50+ purchases) and Opticsplanet.com too, they have nice people in customer service and a lot of really cool stuff plus most orders get free shipping and I always get my packages fast from them.

Some bad ones . . . Botachtactical.com had great prices but their service was awful. I bought a speedfeed stock that I didn't like and emailed to ask them how to return it and they never got back to me at all. Eventually (over a month later) someone did email me and apologize but that was only because I got one of those yahoo surveys for them and gave them a very bad rating . . . I wound up selling it on Ebay and losing a good bit of money so I won't buy anything from them again . . .

AWFUL . . . Right now I'm dealing with Smartgunner.com and the fucker hasn't responded to the several emails I've sent and after a week, my order still hasn't shipped! I'm dumbfounded by this and if anyone ever gets back to me I'm going to demand that they cancel my order and refund me the money. DO NOT SHOP SMARTGUNNER!

Anyone know of any other good/bad/awful sites? Any input on the ones I listed?

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: Online Firearm Accessory Merchants

Let's add E. Arthur Brown to that list.
    Good prices, reasonable shipping cost and quick turnaround time.
    I bought some 10/22 mags from them a while ago. I see a lot more I'd like to buy but I have to wait until I pay my dues to the IRS before I can be spending any more on accessories.

http://www.eabco.com/index.html

E. Arthur Brown Company - Maker and supplier of accurate guns, barrels, riflescopes, reloading, and accessories.

I don't have a short temper, I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

(Schuylkill County)

I have used on-line suppliers for certain things before, but I still prefer to go to a local shop and buy my gear and supplies, even If I got to pay a little more.

(Berks County)

www.brownells.com is top shelf service as well.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1911shooter View Post
    I have used on-line suppliers for certain things before, but I still prefer to go to a local shop and buy my gear and supplies, even If I got to pay a little more.
    I've found that buying local is usually less expensive, some of the online places advertise good prices but you end up paying more because of the shipping cost.
    Buying local can work out well in the long run too, if you're a familiar face you'll sometimes get a better deal or be clued in on new arrivals or limited supply items.
    I've also come to the conclusion that Cheaperthandirt isn't. I've looked there several times for things I was in the market for and never even considered buying from them, they're one of the highest priced places I've found.
    Buying local doesn't always offer the selection and variety. It's a matter of what you want, how soon you want it and knowing what the prices are from more than one source.

Caveat emptor.

I don't have a short temper, I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by mauser View Post
    I've found that buying local is usually less expensive, some of the online places advertise good prices but you end up paying more because of the shipping cost.
    Buying local can work out well in the long run too, if you're a familiar face you'll sometimes get a better deal or be clued in on new arrivals or limited supply items.
    I've also come to the conclusion that Cheaperthandirt isn't. I've looked there several times for things I was in the market for and never even considered buying from them, they're one of the highest priced places I've found.
    Buying local doesn't always offer the selection and variety. It's a matter of what you want, how soon you want it and knowing what the prices are from more than one source.

Caveat emptor.

I'm with you on that one, cheaperthendirt is not really cheaper then anything.

as to the local shops I only go to one so I guess I'm the familiar face. I have tried others but the one I goto seems to have everything I want and if not he can get it for me so It is a win win for him and me.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1911shooter View Post
    I'm with you on that one, cheaperthendirt is not really cheaper then anything.

as to the local shops I only go to one so I guess I'm the familiar face. I have tried others but the one I goto seems to have everything I want and if not he can get it for me so It is a win win for him and me.
    Yea, their prices have really inflated over the last few years. It's hardly worth getting anything from there anymore. The only thing they have +1 on, is that they have just about ANYTHING in the realm of random junk you could imagine.

But the quality of some things, plus prices, certainly leave much to be desired...
    III%

(Beaver County)

I will agree that CTD isn't really cheaper than much of anything BUT they have better prices and selection than Gander Mountain ESPECIALLY ON AMMO and that's really the only gun store anywhere near me . . . The thing I like best about them though is how quickly I get the stuff I order . . . It's never taken longer than three days to get any of my orders on there and I always use their standard shipping option . . .

Two things I'd like to add . . .

Let me reiterate just how sick with grief I am over my experience with smartgunner.com . . . I have now tried three times to email customer service and called once and I have gotten no response from anyone and over a week later, the order has not shipped and I have no information on it . . .

Anyone know of a reliable website that sells Mesa Tactical gear?

(Allegheny County)

Thumbs up Re: Online Firearm Accessory Merchants

Quote Originally Posted by Dragracer_Art View Post
    www.brownells.com is top shelf service as well.
    I'll second that, as I just had my first dealings with them this week. My order arrived today, timely, well-packed, and as-promised. They're a tad pricier (PMgas were $.75 more each), but service means a LOT these days. I WILL buy from then again.