Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Class 3 Dealer

(Centre County)

Default Class 3 Dealer

Anyone know of a good Class 3 dealer in the area? I've been tossing around the idea of getting a suppressor and don't know of any. Reading the other threads posted here about Centre County being NFA friendly has motivated me to look in to this more.

(Centre County)

Default Re: Class 3 Dealer

East Coast Gun Sales over in Hollidaysburg is the closest....although I had a bad experience there and won't go back. Something about people acting like they don't need my business when I'm there, cash in hand, that pisses me off.

There's a guy out in Bloomsburg. I bought a suppressor from Henry Smith in Slatington (about a 3.5 hr drive).

ForceinPA here at PAFOA in lebanon. I have a suppressor on order with him, but haven't purchased anything from him before, although others have (xringshooter, ithinkimamedic).

Sadly there aren't any local class III dealers. Although I've asked Xringshooter to pony up.....

(Centre County)

Thanks for the reply and information. I went to bullseye shooting last night and talked to a guy and he mentioned East Coast and a guy near Danville. He said he knows the East Coast guys fairly well and that they will sometimes do a package deal (suppressor + gun) which could save me money. He also said he'd help me with the paperwork.

(I also agree with you about East Coast. I go there often to look at the guns and bought quite a bit from them but they never seem to go out of their way for you. Not that they have to, but it goes a long way to making loyal customers. They almost have an elitist attitude. Although the guy with the tattoos really went out of his way to help me find a holster for my CZ P-01. To do all that for a cheap holster really impressed me.)

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by arrrrgh15 View Post
    East Coast Gun Sales over in Hollidaysburg is the closest....although I had a bad experience there and won't go back. Something about people acting like they don't need my business when I'm there, cash in hand, that pisses me off.
    There is the other Class III shop in Duncansville Allegheny Trade Co. For the longest time there were the only local option for NFA.

Some people complain about the higher prices but you don't get the treatment you do over at East Coast. Mark and Chuck actually want your money, something about running a business or something like that....wild concept these days.
    The resident Saiga snob
    "You will never leave Harlan alive..."

(Lackawanna County)

Advanced Arms in Pittston (Luzerne County). i know that's a long drive for you, but Chris and his staff are very highly regarded in this area. i can personally attest to the quality of the store and staff. i doubt you'd find any detractors here, or anywhere else. they keep suppressors in stock regularly.

(Centre County)

I got my first one from ForceinPA, Kirk is a good guy to work with and won't do you wrong. If you have any questions you can PM me if you like.

IIRC, East Coast does a lot of police business so that may be why they sometimes act like they do

I would do the paperwork (and pay the special taxes) to become a Class III dealer, but I would have to be able to do A LOT of sales, every year, just to break even from the taxes (plus I'd have to have the money to pay the taxes to start with ). That's why I will deal with Kirk.

And yes, Sheriff Nau is very NFA friendly.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Centre County)

Well I finally got to East Coast over the weekend and talked to John (I think someone mentioned he was the owner of East Coast). He was very helpful and friendly. I put my suppressor on layaway and got all the paperwork filled out and sent in on Monday. Now the wait begins.

Thank you everyone for all the helpful information.