Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Venango County)

Default Ok - Another question - multiple attackers.

Ok, lets just say that you get into a scenario in which you are being attacked by two people, both are threats to your life, and justify the use of deadly force. You fire upon the first. How many shots before moving to the second?

I've heard three shots and move on. Opinions? Lets assume that both are the same distance, armed in the same manner, etc.

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Ok - Another question - multiple attackers.

Kind of hard to play that situation out. How far are they both away from you?

I wouldn't stop until I see a change in the person I'm throwing lead at. Either a retreat/sound/facial expression/defensive maneuver.

Also it depends on who is the bigger threat. Does only one have a gun? Go for that one. Whichever one poses a bigger threat at that exact moment.

This is all my opinion.

Edit: Now that I actually read your post you answered my questions. I'm a dumbass.

I would go for two pulls and switch.

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
    Kind of hard to play that situation out. How far are they both away from you?

I wouldn't stop until I see a change in the person I'm throwing lead at. Either a retreat/sound/facial expression/defensive maneuver.

Also it depends on who is the bigger threat. Does only one have a gun? Go for that one. Whichever one poses a bigger threat at that exact moment.

This is all my opinion.
    Both attackers are the exact same. Same distance, same weapon.... lets call them "twins"

(Northampton County)

When this happens to me in video games, I usually end up shooting down the middle and miss both of them .

(Chester County)

Tough question, easy answer.

Pull a break dance move and spin while firing. Spread out the rounds evenly. If you want to get really ellaborate do the move from the Costner movie where ICE T comes in on the chain spinning.
    Last edited by svltrack; February 17th, 2010 at 02:34 AM.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by jmarshall View Post
    Ok, lets just say that you get into a scenario in which you are being attacked by two people, both are threats to your life, and justify the use of deadly force. You fire upon the first. How many shots before moving to the second?

I've heard three shots and move on. Opinions? Lets assume that both are the same distance, armed in the same manner, etc.
    who told you three shots? you shoot to stop, you shoot until the threat is gone, whether it takes 1 shot or 9. in any case, once you shoot the first guy, i doubt you'll need to shoot the second, unless they both have guns, as well; in that case, pray they're bad shots, and that you have a spare mag.

(Philadelphia County)

The common idea is to fire until the threat is no longer a threat.. but I wouldn't want to put all of my eggs in one basket. I've heard of something called the 3:2:1 ratio.

For example, fire 3 rounds into the first threat, two into the second, another into the first, and vary that as necessary. 3 might be too many to invest in the first one (but I suppose that will be determined in the situation as per the threat posed).. but when you're in this situation I think instinct is something that should kick in, so long as your body knows how to switch between two targets and fire multiple rounds which is something that should be developed through training.

disclaimer: this is just what I've picked up by watching defensive handgun videos and speaking with people who know better.

IANAMN

(I am not a mall ninja LOL)
    Last edited by topsykretts; February 17th, 2010 at 03:10 AM.

(Monroe County)

Shoot until the threat is over. Ideally you want to get atleast a double tap into the first guy before moving onto the second. Why? Well because only one shot might not be enough, and you may regret it later when the attacker staggered and looked like he gave up, but then came back into the fight a few moments later.

With multiple attackers, try to get atleast 2-3 hits in quick succession as possible before moving onto the next attacker.

It's all situational, but that is my advice.
    Also, per your OP, there is no "limit", it's what works for you, to save your life.
    With multiple attackers, I would almost go so far as to suggest there is in fact a MINIMUM amount of hits to be made per attacker.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

To the op-- ever think of getting some training? It would seem you don't know up from down when it comes to self defense.

(Monroe County)

You would fire one shot at the first attacher, then two in the second attacker. Then coming back to the first attacker to fire again.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast