Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default What is your favorite place to shop for guns and ammo in Monroe.

I'm new to the area and I have only browsed Dunkelburgers, which I keep wanting to pronounce as Drunken-Burgers. Warren's Gunshop seems closed. Of course have been to Cabela's. I am thinking of going to the Eagle Arms Guns Show this weekend.

I wanted to hear some opinions for people who are from and around Manroe. Where do you find the best value?
    Where do you find the best selection?
    Where do you find the best customer service?

Is there anything else that is important to you for shopping guns and ammo?

(Monroe County)

Default Re: What is your favorite place to shop for guns and ammo in Monroe.

For ammo I goto walmart, you just have to check them often to see if they have anything in. I'll browse and finger bang guns at Dunklebergers and then go elsewhere if I want one. American Sports Shooting is a bit of a drive but it's a really nice shop on 209 in Broadheadsville.
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by tsafa View Post
    I'm new to the area and I have only browsed Dunkelburgers, which I keep wanting to pronounce as Drunken-Burgers. Warren's Gunshop seems closed. Of course have been to Cabela's. I am thinking of going to the Eagle Arms Guns Show this weekend.

I wanted to hear some opinions for people who are from and around Manroe. Where do you find the best value?
    Where do you find the best selection?
    Where do you find the best customer service?

Is there anything else that is important to you for shopping guns and ammo?
    Get prices at a couple of shops, then see if you can get a better deal at a gun show. Wally world is good for target ammo.

(Monroe County)

I will check Walmart for ammo and want to make a trip to American Sport Shooting to see how they are but for most of my purchases I go to the internet. I find ammo in bulk is cheaper as well as firearms even when factoring in shipping and transfer fee.

(Monroe County)

I have been buying my 9mm target ammo from Walmart. They have been having a hard time getting ammo in on a consistent basis. I wish Walmart sold guns too.

I like supporting American Sport Shooting. I would much rather see an honest local gun shop like them get my money rather than someone on a website or a show. They seem to help more than any website would ever help.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by ByAnyMeans View Post
    I will check Walmart for ammo and want to make a trip to American Sport Shooting to see how they are but for most of my purchases I go to the internet. I find ammo in bulk is cheaper as well as firearms even when factoring in shipping and transfer fee.

Ammo maybe but unless it`s some type of unusual piece that there is some incredible demand for and some online store has a glut of them the local shops always will match or beat them.
    Dunk`s is high unless they have a sale, ASS, Boyers and when they`re open Warners all will beat or match online.

I usually do an online search then do the gun genie after which I shop local and have always been able to buy within 35 miles.
    http://www.galleryofguns.com/Genie/Default.aspx

(Monroe County)

I shop at WEaver's on rt. 209 in Brodheadsville, havent tried ASS yet but will soon , for target ammo and quality .22 ammo i get it at Wally's, Tsafa, the Walmart in East Stroudsburg sells long Guns. Thier Gun prices are pretty good , especially on .22's

Nymab

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    Dunk`s is high unless they have a sale, ASS, Boyers and when they`re open Warners all will beat or match online.

Admittedly I have never told them of an online price I have in order to get them to beat it but have called around asking for their price on a few ordinary rifles and have always found it cheaper to order online. I will have to try and see if they will beat an online price. Thanks for the suggestion.

(Monroe County)

Ammo I get online or at SlaveMart. Guns I get from the forum or from American Sport Shooting. Great Shop. Way better than any of the other ones around here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast