Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Louisianna no longer to accept Non -Resident

Louisianna will no longer accept non-resident permits/licenses from out of state, for those who like to split hairs the address must match your valid ID
    coming trend
    read the news story couristy of Florida Concealed Carry.com

Louisiana currently has dozens of agreements with other states involving concealed handgun permits. The agreement makes a Louisiana permit valid in that state, and that state's permit valid here.

A proposed bill would modify those agreements. Under the bill, Louisiana would only acknowledge a concealed weapons permit from the state where that person lives. A non-resident permit would not be allowed.

Concealed permit instructors say they back the change. They say it will make it easier for law enforcement to do things, like background checks. The instructors say someone can, at times, hide things like arrests by going out of state for a permit. This could stop that loophole.

There are currently about 28,000 concealed handgun permit holders in the state. Instructors say very few get in trouble with the law. The bill being considered this session is authored by State Representative Ernest Wooten, (R) Belle Chase.

Sprat
    Packing.org,Deloc,Open carry,Florida Carry Concealed,LFI Graduate

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Louisianna no longer to accept Non -Resident

This bill is authored by a republican & backed by "concealed permit instructors". ????? Really sad.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by reverserboy View Post
    This bill is authored by a republican & backed by "concealed permit instructors". ????? Really sad.

Only needs to be backed by two instructors for that statement to be technically true, and I'm sure the number of instructors that actually back that legislation isn't much higher than that...
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by sprat View Post
    Concealed permit instructors say they back the change. They say it will make it easier for law enforcement to do things, like background checks. The instructors say someone can, at times, hide things like arrests by going out of state for a permit. This could stop that loophole.
    These guys been talking to Philly PD?

I believe that maybe all of the hassles and BS that the Philly PD has a lot to do with this. Philadelphia's Police commissioner has publicly stated that he was going to get his legislative staff looking into the issue of people rejected in Philly getting out of state non-resident licenses. Good catch Sprat.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, and I don't even play one on the internet. Never mistake my opinion for legal advice. If you do need legal advise, seek it from those who get paid to give it, I know I do.

(Armstrong County)

See what 40yrs of brain washing by the media, public schools and LEO's with an agenda get's you

An OC Activist and 1 of the 3%,
    Ed Stephan
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

if you have your LTCF rejected or revoked in PA, other state should be able to approve or decline your app, but the ccw shouldn't be valid in PA or the state that had rejected or revoked your license.

I know there's other issues like, philly pulling LCTF for BS but that's something that should be taken up within PA.

Son of a bitch. I'm planning on traveling to New Orleans in April. Maybe it won't pass.....

(Jefferson County)

28K license holders?? Hell, we have counties that exceed that. lol
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by dunsho View Post
    if you have your LTCF rejected or revoked in PA, other state should be able to approve or decline your app, but the ccw shouldn't be valid in PA or the state that had rejected or revoked your license.

I know there's other issues like, philly pulling LCTF for BS but that's something that should be taken up within PA.
    that doesn't really square with the combination of the 2nd and 14th amendments.

it arguably doesn't square with the full faith and credit clause, either. (the 2nd plus 14th, though, really is a slam dunk unless one goes the route of intellectual dishonesty.)

of course, the courts will likely fail to enforce the constitution regarding this issue...as they so often do.
    F*S=k

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast