Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Made in Brazil

(Bucks County)

Default Made in Brazil

Made a reservation this Saturday coming up to go there for my 3o th birthday. Anyone been there and what did you think?
    Look to the One Who is wearing what should have been your scars...

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Made in Brazil

I was in there and talked with the owner. He used to manage Rios, another Brazilian place which is in Nazareth. He opened Made in Brazil a few months ago with one of the co-owners of Rios. I'd expect it to be pretty good.

(Northampton County)

We had our company Christmas party at Rios in Nazareth. If it is half as good as Rios you will definitely enjoy it.

(Bucks County)

Thumbs up Re: Made in Brazil

Last night we got to Made in Brazil around 5PM. When we got there I was a little skeptical because the place looked like it was in the middle of the Holiday Inn. The place had our table set up 15 minutes before we got there. They placed us in a really nice part of the restaurant by the wall of windows that overlooks hamilton st. Our server was Juan and he was tremendous. There were 20 of us that went out for dinner.

The dinner started out with cheaper meats like bacon wrapped turkey, sausage, and grilled chicken. The next round was skirt steak(my Favorite), garlic wine serloin, and Beef Kabob. The last round was rosemary Lamb, Bacon wrapped filet, and Pichanna. There where a couple of other cuts that where in the mix but for the most part that hit the main meats. I think I ate over 5 lbs of meat last night.

We stayed at the place for close to 4 hours and by the time we were finished I think that the place was hoping we would say uncle. We definately ate our moneys worth.

The only little negative that I can say was that when it was time to pay the 700.00 bill for all 20 of us I handed Juan a 100.00 Restaurant.com certificate and Juan informed me that they no longer except these on Saturday nights. He told me that they would honor it tonight but in the future it would only be good monday thru friday. Juan was really nice about it but it would have been better for them to have put that on the disclaimer on Restaurant.com then have an awkward moment after an excellent meal.

I would highly recomend this place and after using the gift restaurant.com certificate that I only paid 8.00 for and got 100.00 off my bill I would say that dinner was really reasonable. If you have 8 people go you can eat with tip for as low as 149.00 that equals 18.60 per person for brazillian steakhouse. Not too bad. I carried in the restaurant and no one flinched as well. Could be a good spot for a meet and greet with alot of meat.
    Look to the One Who is wearing what should have been your scars...

(Northampton County)

Rodizio in Nazareth?!! I gotta check this out. I had no idea.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Rodizio in Nazareth?!! I gotta check this out. I had no idea.
    Yes, and it's very good.

I ate at Made in Brazil last week and have to say I was pretty disappointed. Maybe it was just an off night or something but, they didn't ask us how we like our meat cooked. We like our meat cooked medium. Everything came out well done and in some cases what I feel like was beyond well done. The meat was also over seasoned making it seem like they were covering up a lower quality meat. There were a few decent pieces, the skirt steak was good, but again over cooked. The other thing that was odd was no grilled pineapple at the end. Every Brazilian steakhouse I've been to brings out pineapple at the end. You could get it for $5.50 as a desert. We got it anyway, and it was pretty good. We won't be going back again. Realistically I'll stick to Rios if I'm doing rodizio in the Valley. They cook the meat to your liking, it's not over seasoned, you get more cuts and everything just tastes better.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by amill94 View Post
    Yes, and it's very good.

I ate at Made in Brazil last week and have to say I was pretty disappointed. Maybe it was just an off night or something but, they didn't ask us how we like our meat cooked. We like our meat cooked medium. Everything came out well done and in some cases what I feel like was beyond well done. The meat was also over seasoned making it seem like they were covering up a lower quality meat. There were a few decent pieces, the skirt steak was good, but again over cooked. The other thing that was odd was no grilled pineapple at the end. Every Brazilian steakhouse I've been to brings out pineapple at the end. You could get it for $5.50 as a desert. We got it anyway, and it was pretty good. We won't be going back again. Realistically I'll stick to Rios if I'm doing rodizio in the Valley. They cook the meat to your liking, it's not over seasoned, you get more cuts and everything just tastes better.
    I've been wanting to go here for atleast a year and I always forget when i feel like eating into my wallet
    But i will definitely make it a point to go to Rios and maybe Made in Brazil after to compare.

(Northampton County)

I probably went to Rio's in Nazareth about a month after my last post in this thread (April 2010).

Most of the Rodizio I have had has been in Newark and those people are completely insane. And it's never been plain old dining service, always expensive scheduled events.

Rio's Rodizio - some of the cuts were much better than I am accustomed to, some were not quite as good. A little less on average than the other places I have been but nothing to complain about. They do a good job.

The sides/buffet were not impressive but OK.

The staff is top-notch and extremely friendly. They are very attentive (as is required by the meal) but charming enough to add to the experience rather than be a bother. Great guys.

Overall, it's definitely a great place and I only wish my diet allowed me to frequent it.

(Northampton County)

Haha, Don't we all wish that.
    Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    I probably went to Rio's in Nazareth about a month after my last post in this thread (April 2010).

Most of the Rodizio I have had has been in Newark and those people are completely insane. And it's never been plain old dining service, always expensive scheduled events.

Rio's Rodizio - some of the cuts were much better than I am accustomed to, some were not quite as good. A little less on average than the other places I have been but nothing to complain about. They do a good job.

The sides/buffet were not impressive but OK.

The staff is top-notch and extremely friendly. They are very attentive (as is required by the meal) but charming enough to add to the experience rather than be a bother. Great guys.

Overall, it's definitely a great place and I only wish my diet allowed me to frequent it.

(Monroe County)

Two words, Ruth's Chris.