Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Franklin County)

Default Re: The Hunter's Den

Hunters Den is about 3/4 mile from my house. I stop a couple times a week . Good people to deal with. Bought guns there, never a problem. If you want something they don't have in stock they will do their best to get it for you. If you need a repair, they can take care of that too.

Chambersburg PA (Pure Appalachia), Pennsylvania
    (Franklin County)

I've dealt with HD for a few years, and they are consistently good, willing to help, and fair to deal with. Stu is knowledgeable and will not steer you wrong. Transfers and shipping cheap, too.

As far as Redding in Gettysburg goes, how's your google-fu? Particularly on this board. They are/were the leading "gougers" in the primer and ammunition prices through the past year and a half. (for instance, $60.00/k for primers, when others were $35.00-39.00)

But for looking at guns, have you been to Scotty Taylor's Trading Post, on Upper Temple Road in Biglerville? Go there and blow your mind before buying anywhere else. Such a selection . . . along with iron skillets on the ceiling and cats in the showcase. He has a lot of good stuff, and may be a bit pricey on some of it, but go - - - just go.

Flash
    "The life unexamined is not worth living." ....... Socrates

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    I've dealt with HD for a few years, and they are consistently good, willing to help, and fair to deal with. Stu is knowledgeable and will not steer you wrong. Transfers and shipping cheap, too.

As far as Redding in Gettysburg goes, how's your google-fu? Particularly on this board. They are/were the leading "gougers" in the primer and ammunition prices through the past year and a half. (for instance, $60.00/k for primers, when others were $35.00-39.00)

But for looking at guns, have you been to Scotty Taylor's Trading Post, on Upper Temple Road in Biglerville? Go there and blow your mind before buying anywhere else. Such a selection . . . along with iron skillets on the ceiling and cats in the showcase. He has a lot of good stuff, and may be a bit pricey on some of it, but go - - - just go.

Flash
    Agree with Taylor's~I'm plannin' a little looksee up there soon myself.
    USMC 2/10 1982-85
    ~REMEMBER FT. HOOD~

(Franklin County)

LOL,
    The cats were everywhere the last time i went to Taylors. Just walk up to you and lean on you. He has an amazing amount of inventory. The only place that had an EMP in stock.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAfarmboy View Post
    LOL,
    The cats were everywhere the last time i went to Taylors. Just walk up to you and lean on you. He has an amazing amount of inventory. The only place that had an EMP in stock.
    But beware with his inventory he is asking top dollar for everything. 1300 for a bushmaster ar-15, 25 for a .50 cal ammo can, 1395 for a Combat Sig that was bought at another mom and pops shop for 945.

I'm all about someone making a living but a 350 mark up....

(Franklin County)

Didnt say i bought anything. At the time, was the only place with 380 HPs in stock, but 60 bucks for a box of 50 was out of my league.

Fun to see all the stuff tho. I will go back, to look if nothing else.

(Franklin County)

Hunter's Den thumbs up~~I was looking for a couple of receiver plugs for the tapped holes in a Marlin. Midway wanted over $2 each plus all the shipping & handling. A sign on their door said they were an official Marlin dealer (which seemed like a good omen after striking out at several other places), the fellow at the counter knew exactly what I wanted but said he had to ask a guy what to charge and he came back and said "He said enough to buy a soda, so I guess it'll be a dollar" so I walked outta there pretty happy with my two little screws
    USMC 2/10 1982-85
    ~REMEMBER FT. HOOD~

(Franklin County)

Thumbs up Re: The Hunter's Den

I bought several guns there. S&W sigma 9mm, Taurus 454, Bushmaster ar15, Springfield 1911 ofc, Mossberg 590 12ga, SKS, and some 22 that I sold back for not much of a loss. I have bought other supplies there. The prices are not the best (not the worst either)but they have to make a profit and they have to sell based on what they pay. The guys are nice though. If you want a deal then you got to shop on-line. Go to a shop and find a gun you like, feels right in your hand, looks cool to you ect. then shop for it on line. Talk to a dealer that is willing to receive the gun and do the paperwork for as little as possible then you got a deal.
    Mo’lon la’ve

(Franklin County)

been there several times and can say that they r good guys to deal with. good selection of various types of firearms. new and used.

(Franklin County)

Sorry to revive an old thread but Id like to know if The Hunters Den has an indoor range. I was in there today asking about some night sights and I overheard part of a conversation with another customer where it was mentioned that they "shot a gun several times in the back".
    I got talking about the night sights and forgot to ask about their range.
    Im thinking of ordering a night sight from them. They said they would install them for me, Im wondering if that includes sighting them in.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast