Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Hunter education course?

Anyone know when the hunter's safety courses start? My son will be 12 this year, and I'd like to enroll him in the HEC as soon as I can. thanks

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Hunter education course?

Check the Game Commission site...for a location near you...

(Chester County)

Did so, found one. Signed my son up.........Thanks

(Cambria County)

Looks like I will have to wait until next year when I can go with my son. I wanted to go last year and I just had to much work to do. This year I have no vacation time left. I work every weekend. Next year my son will be 11 so I will have to plan ahead and make sure that I'm in town for it.
    These are the times that try men's souls: The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Thomas Paine 1776

Just remember that there is the option for Independent Study Classes. You must attend a class to be tested, however, it is alot less time spent.

The course schedule can be found on the website. You can either study online or request the course materials and pay for postage.

Good luck.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by noslolo View Post
    Looks like I will have to wait until next year when I can go with my son. I wanted to go last year and I just had to much work to do. This year I have no vacation time left. I work every weekend. Next year my son will be 11 so I will have to plan ahead and make sure that I'm in town for it.
    I was told any child taking the course has to be at least 11 anyway, so it looks like you have no choice but to wait until he's 11.

(Cambria County)

I was going to go myself, now I will wait until next year and go with my son.
    These are the times that try men's souls: The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Thomas Paine 1776

(Washington County)

Student has to be 11 years old turning 12 in the next license year.
    Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion, without the discomfort of thought.

John F Kennedy.

(Cambria County)

Noah will be 11 and going on 12. So his age is not an issue next year. I'm pretty sure that my age isn't a problem.

(Lackawanna County)

I have to find one near me. the next class within driving distance from me is like a year away. Is the Game Commission the only place that can give classes ?
    Que sera, Sera

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast