Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Meet Joe Sestak (must pre-register)

LETTER FROM JOE SESTAK
    February 15, 2010

Dear Mr. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,

I am writing to invite you to the upcoming Pennsylvania 7th Congressional District Veterans Summit, on March 8th. This will be my fourth Veterans' Summit in the past 38 months. Last year's event attracted over 700 Veterans and their family members as well as forty-eight service organizations.

Since assuming this office, I have worked hard to improve the benefits and services available for Veterans, members of our Armed Forces, and their families. Some of our successes to date include the 21st Century G.I. Bill; the largest increase in the VA budget in its history; a plan to reverse the disgraceful decision of 2003 to lock Priority 7 and 8 Veterans out of the VA medical system; increased opportunities for Veteran owned businesses through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA); and $1.5 billion in ARRA funds for VA medical care. Recently, I have also introduced legislation to improve the 21st Century G.I. Bill and increase the transparency of inspections of VA medical facilities

As with all of our previous events, the primary objective is to increase access to services for Veterans and their families. I expect over forty service organizations to be present. In addition, this is an opportunity to honor the heroism of SPC4 Barry T. Burnite, U.S. Army, Company A, 2nd Battalion, 7th Cavalry Regiment, 1st Cavalry Division (Air Mobile). SPC4 Burnite was recently awarded a posthumous Silver Star for his gallantry in action in Vietnam in 1965. The award will be presented to his sister, Judith Nickel of Brookhaven. This recognition of a brave young Soldier from Springfield High School is the result of some extraordinary research by his comrades, notably John Eade, who served with Barry in Vietnam. It also reflects the gratitude our nation is now, belatedly, extending to Veterans of the Vietnam War.

I hope that you will be able to attend. If you are not a Veteran or member of the military, please pass this information to those you know and their families.

Warmly,

Joe Sestak

Member of Congress

Event Details:

Monday, March 8, 2010

6:15 PM to 9:00 PM

Ridley High School, 901 Morton Ave, Folsom, PA 19033

To Register

1.visit www.sestak.house.gov/events

2.fill out the form below and mail to my District Office at 600 North Jackson Street, Suite 203, Media, PA, 19063

3.call the District Office at (610) 892-8623

_____ Yes, I will attend

Name(s) of attendee(s): __________________________________________________ _______________

Address: __________________________________________________ ___________________________

Email Address: ______________________________ Phone Number: ____________________________

(Perry County)

Default Re: Meet Joe Sestak (must pre-register)

Any chance Rep Sestak will knock off Spectre in the primary? As much as I want Arlan to lose, I am ind of hoping to get to vote against him in the Genera. I guess I shouldn't be selfish, just as long as he becomes unemployed!