Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Interested in buying a suppressor

I recently purchased a M&P15-22 at a local shop, and have a desire to do some shooting on my property, when the weather breaks. I have 2 acres of land, but still find myself in a neighborhood situation. I would like to be able to shoot without the neighbors getting in a tizzy.

I'd like to purchase a suppressor for the rifle, and am heavily leaning towards the AWC Odyssey II. Before I buy this (or any suppressor), I'd like to see and hear how quite they actually are. I would also consider the AAC Aviator or Pilot, as they are in my price range as well.

Does anyone own this or a similar piece of equipment that I could meet with to hear the actual suppressed results? I live in the North Hills of Pittsburgh, and I am close to the State Gamelands rifle range in Wexford.

If anyone else has experience with using suppressors, I'd be interested in that info as well.

Thanks,

(Chester County)

Default Re: Interested in buying a suppressor

This may get moved to the NFA section so if you don't see it in general anymore look there. There is a lot of info about 22 cans there already. Also check out the silencertalk.com forum, tons of info there too.

I think most 22 cans will serve your purposes on that platform, you are going to be interested in price vs. features, some features you should consider in a 22 can are materials used and can the baffles be removed.

Practically what may be most important is what you can get, find local dealers in your area and see what they have in stock and what they can order and how long it would take to get what you want in stock.

Good luck,, have fun!

(Allegheny County)

Thanks for the post.

I'd still be interested in hearing one of my mentioned suppressors (or someting very similar) in action. If anyone is up for a demo when the snow clears, let me know.

Thanks,

(Berks County)

I'm not sure what the high-end suppressors sound like, but my cheap little TAC65 is quiet as a church mouse using Remington Subsonics.
    I shoot with it on my Walther P22 and Ruger 10/22.

I honestly think my Gamo pellet rifle makes more noise.

I'm more than happy with a TAC65, and I'm actually considering another one.