Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Magnum Research Micro Desert Eagle

Magnum Research Micro Desert Eagle;

I am interested if anyone has any experience with this gun.

Please post what you think of the gun based on your experience.

Thanks in advance.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Magnum Research Micro Desert Eagle

I have one. It shoots reliably. Trigger is heavy, but a pocket gun should have a heavy trigger. The takedown is a little odd, but easy.

Here it is between a p3at(the gun that the LCP ripped off) and my Seecamp.

Last edited by thelemite; February 15th, 2010 at 01:18 AM.

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by thelemite View Post
    I have one. It shoots reliably. Trigger is heavy, but a pocket gun should have a heavy trigger. The takedown is a little odd, but easy.
    I have shot a P3AT and found it to almost flip 90 degrees when firing it thus rendering follow up shots practically impossible.

I have a Walther PPS which is an ideal carry gun but I want a deep concealment (as in front pocket disappears concealment).

What is the Seecamp like? Which do you find you carry the most in deep concealment scenarios?

(Monroe County)

The Seecamp is like almost no other pocket gun. It is hand made in a small shop (5 people) and it utterly reliable. It has no sights, but is the smallest 380 ever made. As it does not have sights, and is smaller than the p3at, it is not a pleasant or easy gun to shoot well.

I finds that it recoils lighter than the p3at, but a little more than the Eagle. Is the p3at is too stout you could look into the p32, as it kicks about half as much and has a lot less flip.

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

Quote Originally Posted by buster2209 View Post
    I have shot a P3AT and found it to almost flip 90 degrees when firing it thus rendering follow up shots practically impossible
    When I had the chance to fire the MDE, the recoil seemed to be on par with my buddy's P3AT. However, I did not experience quite that much muzzle flip with the P3AT. However, maybe it was just me, but the recoil of the P3AT seemed 'smoother' somehow.

(Monroe County)

To answer your question of what do I carry in deep concealment. 2 Seecamps or a seecamp and another pocket gun.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by thelemite View Post
    The Seecamp is like almost no other pocket gun. It is hand made in a small shop (5 people) and it utterly reliable. It has no sights, but is the smallest 380 ever made. As it does not have sights, and is smaller than the p3at, it is not a pleasant or easy gun to shoot well.

I finds that it recoils lighter than the p3at, but a little more than the Eagle. Is the p3at is too stout you could look into the p32, as it kicks about half as much and has a lot less flip.
    The P3 felt cheap to hold, really cheap, so I was put off very quickly. The LCP felt the same. I like the idea of the DE because it is 50% heavier thus it should have less muzzle flip, plus, I think it's small enough to disappear.

The Seecamp appeals but I think it may be too small so I would be more inclined to go for the .32 but that is getting rather small....

Also, IIRC, don't you have to change the springs on the Seecamp after so many rounds and certain types of ammo aren't recommended?

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by buster2209 View Post
    The P3 felt cheap to hold, really cheap, so I was put off very quickly. The LCP felt the same. I like the idea of the DE because it is 50% heavier thus it should have less muzzle flip, plus, I think it's small enough to disappear.

The Seecamp appeals but I think it may be too small so I would be more inclined to go for the .32 but that is getting rather small....

Also, IIRC, don't you have to change the springs on the Seecamp after so many rounds and certain types of ammo aren't recommended?
    The Seecamp 32 and 380 both are Hollowpoints only but there are 5-6 brands that work now. You can shoot the winchester FMJ 32 truncated cone out of the 32 as well. I change the springs on the 32 every 500 rounds (6$)
    and the 380 suggests every 200-300 rounds on the recoil springs. They have lifetime warranties but nothing rarely goes wrong with one of these.

(Bucks County)

i was considering picking up the DE myself until i saw the 500 dollar price tag which turned me off. 500 bucks for the gun plus the cost/difficulty of finding 380 ammo these days made passing on the DE a easy decision. if i was going to pick up a 380 it would be the ruger for sure.

(Luzerne County)

I saw one in the shop a few months ago. I was not overly impressed. The price seemed high, but then again it is a magnum reserch item.

Come to think about it the Micro Eagle i still in the case at the shop after about three months. That has to say something.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast