Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Dauphin County)

Default XD 45GAP conversion kit?

Pretty much what the title states, looking and digging for a conversion kit of any kind for my XD 45GAP. Anyone have any ideas for that?
    Always Stay Vigilant.

Default Re: XD 45GAP conversion kit?

Quote Originally Posted by acbird0311 View Post
    Pretty much what the title states, looking and digging for a conversion kit of any kind for my XD 45GAP. Anyone have any ideas for that?
    It's been a while since I've handled a .45 GAP, but I'm prettty sure what I'm fixing to tell you is correct. The .45 GAP pistols use the same frame and slide as the 9mm/.40 XD's. The reason the gap was produced was so that you could fit a .45 and have similar performance in some bullet weights to the .45 ACP, but in a smaller framed pistol. So with that being the case, all you should have to do is purchase a 9mm, .357 sig, .40 S&W barrel for your pistol, in the appropriate slide length (service, tactical, etc). They all use exactly the same size of magazines, so you wouldn't even have to buy magazines, the two are interchangable. So just get you a barrel in the caliber that you'd like, install it, and you're good to go.

Remember that if you get a "match" barrel, it'll need some fitting. If you get a "drop in" barrel, then it won't need fitting, because it's the same dimensions as the stock barrels. The advantage of the "match" barrels is that they will have a tighter fit, tighter lock up and will most likely shoot smaller groups. How much smaller I don't know for sure, because I've never shot an XD with an aftermarket match grade barrel. Lots of people don't like tighter tolerances for self defense pistols anyway, so a "drop in" barrel might be better, depending on your uses. Remember that if you have to have the barrel fitted, it's gonna be a fair bit in gunsmithing as well. There's lots of makers of aftermarket XD's these days, I know pistol gear carries a lot and may be a place to start looking and give you some ideas. Hope this helps and best of luck to you.

http://www.pistolgear.com/products.php?id=59 There's pistol gear, I'm not saying only get something from them, just giving you an idea of a place to start, and what you're looking for.