Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: York Gun Show - Whooo Hooooo

usually the york show is pretty good.......im going tomarrow morning.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    Probably not.

Very few if any XDSC, ammo cans, 30 cal, $8, 50 Cal., $10.........
    Meh, Ill save the gas money and entry fee and pass on this one. I thought the York show was supposed to be the baddest one out there..

Quote Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
    Meh, Ill save the gas money and entry fee and pass on this one. I thought the York show was supposed to be the baddest one out there..
    It usually is good, but this time it is really lame........

Call Stubby Gear wed. or Thurs. about the XDm....

There was an AK, similar to mine, it had plastic furniture, mine has wood, they were asking $1575 for it.....

(Adams County)

I guess I'm not normally disappointed because I alway sell something to get money to buy what I want. Today I sold my dummy Bren Mk I and bought the Kahr CW9 that I wanted. I've been looking at them for the last two months online, and I paid the same as the lowest price I had found so far. And, I didn't have to pay the shipping or insane transfer cost. I also bought a Don Hume IWB holster for $35, same as online plus shipping, and 500 rds of 9mm WWB for $130. Plus I sold a few WWII military items. It went well for me.
    I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy. Hippie and 3%er.

(York County)

There was an AK, similar to mine, it had plastic furniture, mine has wood, they were asking $1575 for it.....
    I believe I saw you or your twin at the show today (sat). You were walking in the front entrance located off to the far left of the building. You might want to give up being a mechanic and become a magician because once I realized who you were you disappeared.
    Xbox Live Gamertag: My Tango Sucka

(Franklin County)

Will do. Thanks for the PM.

That's an outrageous price for an AK!

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    +1 on milsurp, specifically something like a Mosin. Not sure what day we'll be going, but most likely Sunday.

Saturday is the day for the OC event at Gettysburg!
    There was a guy with some Mosins for under $100 including bayonette, strap, etc. I took a look at the 5 or 6 he had when I first got to his table & they looked pretty beat up to me, and I am not really into bolt action guns, so I passed on them. Later in the day, I peeked into the crate again as I was passing by & he was down to three.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnUSCG View Post
    Sad....sad.....sad. I have now decided that my meager collection of guns must be worth approx $18million dollars after seeing some of those horrific prices at this show!!!

I did find a couple of decent prices on ammo and a couple of accessories. But that is it. The one Marlin 39a that I saw was priced at $1200 ant really was nothing special!!!

Anyone else do better than I did? I knew I should have gone to the funshoot!
    Stoneybrook & backwoods outfitters prices weren't out of line, but I can shop at their places anytime.

I did buy one gun at the show (Henry Survival .22,) because I found one priced right (which means I saved about $40... I saw another priced at the current going rate which sold today as well & a third that was overpriced by a good $80 over the current normal price and that one was still there at the end of the day ). I've had my eye on them for some time but just wasn't in a hurry to rush out & get one. When I saw the one today at the older pricing, I figured WTH.

I got to see a military antiques dealer I know who told me that a mutual friend's (& fellow collector's) estate auction was going on in another building on the grounds.

He told me it started at 2PM & I later found out it had started at 10AM so I got there too late to bid on two of the three items I had in mind from his collection. The third item I was interested in (halfplate tintype original of John Burns, "the hero of Gettysburg") was estimated at 150 - 250. I got a bid in but then it quickly went higher than I had planned to bid. It ended up selling for $475, so I didn't win it (even though it's probably worth at least $500 in a retail setting). However, I did end up buying an antique mid 19th century double bbl SxS .50cal percussion rifle with some nice brass inlay from his estate (an item he hadn't shown me before) for just one bid over the opening bid so I got it for a bid of $225 which was $375 below the auction estimate.
    He had two others that I'm kind of kicking myself now for not buying too.
    One was an 18th century flintlock pistol that went for $375 & the other was a beautiful tiger maple flintlock long rifle made by a Lancaster PA gunsmith by the name of Heleman (late 18th -early 19th century) that went for $700.

I didn't get any of the items he had previously shown me & which I specifically went to bid on, but at least I got one item from his estate. He was a great guy who I met not long before his death & I wish I'd had more time/opportunity to know him better than I did. It'll be a nice item to remember him by.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    I guess I'm not normally disappointed because I alway sell something to get money to buy what I want. Today I sold my dummy Bren Mk I and bought the Kahr CW9 that I wanted. I've been looking at them for the last two months online, and I paid the same as the lowest price I had found so far. And, I didn't have to pay the shipping or insane transfer cost. I also bought a Don Hume IWB holster for $35, same as online plus shipping, and 500 rds of 9mm WWB for $130. Plus I sold a few WWII military items. It went well for me.
    I think I saw you (or at least someone slinging a Bren around for sale)

I wore my PAFOA pin in the hopes someone would see it & introduce themself. The only familiar PAFOA face I saw was Fingers... who gave me shit about not being at Gettsburg today & then tried to get me to spend my gun money on jewelry for my wife.

Hey JohnUSCG... did you see Harold? I saw him there but I didn't get to say hi to him.

The guys outnumbered the gals as would be expected, but I must say, the majority of the gals I saw at today's show were neck benders... & when a girl can bend my happily married neck in a room chock full of guns, well... just sayin.

One wierd thing I saw today was a young couple pushing an empty stroller, & neither was carrying a child. The guy had a boxed rifle & was pushing the empty stroller while the woman was tagging along beside him, empty handed.
    I couldn't help but think, "wow, I've heard the prices were rising, but to give your first born for a rifle! That's steep!"
    Last edited by 87th PVI; February 27th, 2010 at 11:37 PM.
    Let us never forget the sacrifice of those who have fought for us all.

(York County)

Let me know what you're looking for. I live a mile from Stoneybrook and check his stock on Tuesday to save you a trip. He usually has a fair collection of XDs.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(York County)

The other times I've gone I could find pretty much any handgun I wanted, for some reason this time hardly any vendors had handguns, and at least half the vendors didn't have any guns at all. They need to start being more selective with the vendors, it's a gun show, not a military memorabilia show. It's pretty bad when literally every second table is full of either AR accessories, cheap made in china knives or rusty old bayonets.

I was at least able to find a nice single point tactical sling for my XCR, it just took me walking the entire show to find it in the very last isle.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast