Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Applying at Westmoreland SATELLITE Location

I was planning to go to a satellite location on the designated day that it's open. Are there any disadvantages do going that route? Like, being out of the main office, will they be unable to make an ID or lookup my history? I heard stories of people getting approved while at the office, which is my hope too, but I don't know how well this applies to satellite locations.
    5 Reasons to Always Carry a Cop! - http://CarryACop.com

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Applying at Westmoreland SATELLITE Location

The relevant background checks are all handled electronically, so there should be no difference between the court house and the satellite location.
    "There are four boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order."

(Allegheny County)

nope, they have the whole system there, the background checks are done, the photo taken and the card printed out and your done.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

(Westmoreland County)

Hey guys, just wanted to mention that I got my carry permit this week. I was in the courthouse picking up a voter list, and took the opportunity then. They had a room and officer seemingly with the sole purpose of processing these permits. The whole thing took about 15 minutes, and the card was printed then and there too.

One thing that kinda bugged me though, is the officer took a complaint call while I was waiting my turn. Apparently a guy called because his neighbor was open carrying his gun on his own property. She kept explaining "Unfortunately, PA is an open carry state... yes... I know sir" She must have said "unfortunately" about 4 times in that context, because the caller was so sure it was illegal, and she kinda seemed in agreement that it should be. I heard this opinion is increasingly common among police. I'm hoping she only did that to calm the caller down.

Right after it printed, she handed it to me and said it's good for 5 years. I'm like "...so... that's it, I'm done?" She didn't call my references or ask who they were; both were out of state. But I heard her calling the automated background check thing on the phone.
    5 Reasons to Always Carry a Cop! - http://CarryACop.com