Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Somerset County)

Default Sight question for a HighPoint C9?

We just bought a High Point C-9 for Kelly's plinking pleasure.

We sighted it in, she's hitting 3 round groups within a 1 inch area, but, we are not overly impressed with the sights. They are polycarbonate, and with the elevation we had to crank in, the rear is "flexing" with the smallest pressure on the sight assembly.

Are there aftermarket open sights available for this pistol? How tough would they be to put on?

BTW, she just LOVES it!!!!

(Bedford County)

Default Re: Sight question for a HighPoint C9?

In my years of gunsmithing, and reading through thousands of parts catalogs, I have yet to see an after market sight system for Hi-Point pistols.

I highly doubt you will find sights for such a low dollar handgun.

(Somerset County)

I was kind of afraid of that. She likes the gun, it shoots well, eats almost any ammo we have fed it so far, and she can group it really well (for a lo-dollar gun).
    Thanks!

(Bedford County)

No problem.

The Hi-Point is what it is...a low dollar pistol for beginners or folks on a budget. They work for their intended purpose - a low dollar launch pad for a bullet.

The average after market sight set starts at $50 and goes way up from there. Also companies make sights for only the more popular guns. Nobody wants to invest thousands on R&D only to sell 20 sets a month.

Take care of the Hi-Point and it will serve you well until you decide to move up to a better gun. Most gun "nutz" are always looking to move up. I'm still waiting for a 15 round .45 acp the size of a zippo lighter. No luck yet, I'll stick with Glock I guess.

Regards,
    Buckmark

I am fairly certain I have seen a peep/ghost ring sight on hi-points before , I "thought" they could be had from the factory and I do not know if that would solve your problem , but whatever. And no , I am not talking about the carbines , I seen them on their handguns before

(Beaver County)

Yeah, Hi-Point does have a ghost ring sight. I have that gun, I have the ghost ring on it, as for where to get one.. I couldn't tell you, my gun came with the ghost ring sight & a 3 dot sight... I thought they were all supposed to come with both.

(Somerset County)

Yes, her's came with the Ghost Ring sight, in all honesty, we tried it, she prefers the 3 dot sight.

She's tried several types of handguns, and for a woman, she's got an odd hand size, which the HighPoint fills rather nicely. She has long fingers. A smaller griped gun, such as the Lady Smith, or even some of the Glocks that she tried were just uncomfortable for her to hang on to. A gun has to be comfortable to be accurate, and to encourage range time. An uncomfortable gun will do nothing to encourage good shooting practices.

I may start looking a sights that are similar in design, and try to modify one to fit, and be accurate.

Exclamation Re: Sight question for a HighPoint C9?

I know this discussion is old, but I signed up just to pass this along and update this thread for future web searchers.

Aftermarket rear sights that work with ALL Hi Point handguns are available at this website:

http://www.mahansights.com/

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with the site at all, just a recent Hi Point firearm purchaser who found the link on another forum

http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com...d.php?t=284888