Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Kel-Tec Pf9 vs P11. Anybody have an opinion?

We are the knights who say Ni!

Bring us ... a Revolver!

Ni Ni

Ham radio: when all else fails.

(Wayne County)

I appreciate the help. I don't want to put you out, but could you send me pics of the two side by side, maybe. It appears that I want the pf9 as concealablity is my bigger issue.
    Brown-Bear, as requested. Sorry I couldn't attach these to the PM. No paperclip thingy. Someone else may benefit from these also.

As you can see in side view, they are almost identical. The only real difference is in width and, that doesn't vary drastically. It is slightly noticable in the hand, though.

For pocket carry, the PF9 may be the ticket. Make sure you have a good pocket holster. The notch below the muzzle for attaching lasers will have a tendancy to snag.

However, a lot will depend on how large your hands are. I have med/small hands. The P11 is the only double stack auto that I can grip comfortably. If you have larger hands, it should be no issue. The PF9 may be a little skinny and hard to hold if you larger hands.

As I said before, you should be happy with either one.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Philadelphia County)

I have both. The PF-9 is great for pocket carry. I've also carried both on my belt (not at the same time). They're so light you forget you have it on after a while.
    AR accessories - Barbie for men

(Montgomery County)

my buddy has a PF9, i have the P11... i find the PF9 to be uncomfortably skinny in my hand, and on firing, its twists easily to the side... i dotn care for it at all.

prefer my P11.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Allegheny County)

It is of my opinion, which in this situation I will admit is limited. That you should get the PF9. Preferably after getting your hands on one first. The guys over on KTOG love them. And I haven't really found a video or thread talking about how much the people who own them, hate them. Also; you cannot find them ANY-freaking-WHERE because they are bought up as fast as KT can produce them. Like if you wanted one right this second... and your local shop did not have one... and ordered one online? Well they are pretty much all out of stock. So the auction sites are charging almost $350+ for them. Some $400.

I was after one for carry due to it's weight, size, (or lack of) and the fact they are 9mm, not .380acp. The great thing about it is not paying $700 for the Kahr PM9, and getting a similarly size / weight weapon. I figured it would be nice for summer carry, or any time it would be more convinient than a larger pistol to carry.

The P11 is large, thick, and heavy enough you could go just ever so slightly bigger and get a Glock subcompact, an M&P sub compact... an XD sub compact... and get a better trigger. (and gun IMO) Which is exactly what I did until the PF9's become more readily available.

No offense to the P11 owners but I'm not a real big fan of that trigger...

(Carbon County)

PF9. I've owned both, still own the PF9. The trigger is much, much better than that of the P11. Its thinner and carries easier, and you only loose 3 rounds of mag. capacity. The mags are so small its no trouble to pack a second one if you think you need it. Recoil is definatly noticeable, but I don't find it to be bad.

(Lancaster County)

GO WITH THE KEL-TEC PF-9 YOU WON'T BE SORRY AS IT CONCEALS VERY
    EASILY AND HANDLES QUITE WELL FOR SUCH A LIGHT HANDGUN-POCKET CARRY IN SUMMER IN SHORTS ETC AND IN WINTER IT CARRYS EASILY IN JACKET POCKET- USING A DE SANTIS POCKET HOLSTER

(York County)

Well I bought a Pf9 today. New for $295.00 at Freedom Armory in York. They had one left and were nice enough to pull it for me til I could get down there today. I held both the P11 and the Pf9, p[layed with each of them. The p11 was much heavier and larger however; that should be expected with a dual stack magazine. I really wanted to be able to put my weapon in my back pocket and go. The Pf9 fits wonderfully in the Uncle Mike's inside the pocket holster I picked up as well.

Thanks to all responders for the info and pics. Range report I hope is soon to follow.
    3%

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by plow78 View Post
    as previously stated the Pf9 is much easier to pocket carry. A friend has the Pf9 i tried it comparing pocket carry to my P11 and it is much easier to just put in the pocket. The P11 is nice with the 10+1,i also have a finger ex on my p-11 which is nice, but all in all i would pick the Pf9 for ease of carry esp as it gets warmer.
    Get the 12 rd. mag. 13 rounds Sweet. My P-11 has the latest KTOG trigger job, which I believe is discontinued but it is a huge improvement.
    I carry it in a Hume slide, easily concealed, reliable and deadly fast and accurate.

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brown-Bear View Post
    Well I bought a Pf9 today. New for $295.00 at Freedom Armory in York. They had one left and were nice enough to pull it for me til I could get down there today. I held both the P11 and the Pf9, p[layed with each of them. The p11 was much heavier and larger however; that should be expected with a dual stack magazine. I really wanted to be able to put my weapon in my back pocket and go. The Pf9 fits wonderfully in the Uncle Mike's inside the pocket holster I picked up as well.

Thanks to all responders for the info and pics. Range report I hope is soon to follow.
    Good deal. Make sure you check out ktog.org - they have a lot of great information on all of the Kel-Tec models.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast