Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: H&K HK45

(Centre County)

Default H&K HK45

I'm heading up to Grice in the near future, they are listed as a dealer for H&K pistols. Does anyone have any real world experience with H&K ?

I'm looking at the HK45 compact, or a P2000 SK.

Also debating about a 9mm XD/XDM...

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: H&K HK45

Are Grice's prices worth a two hour drive from Pittsburgh? Just wondering? I know Ace Sporting Goods in Washington carries HK. Military special ops and commandos from around the world use hk. There's nothing better.

(Centre County)

Not sure, haven't been up there yet, but they are listed as a dealer. I like Ace's for sure too !

(Lancaster County)

I had a H&K .45 tactical that I sold for reasons not fully understood. Its the only gun I have ever missed. I would go HandK over XD any day. I sold two XDs in the past as well and never thought about them since.

(York County)

I also sold an HK and want to kick my own ass about it.

What I liked about it was the fact that I could de-cock it, AND put the safety on. That first trigger pull was a long hardish double action and then smooth single action the rest of the way. I was a noob at the time so the abundant safety features were nice. Looking back, they are alot of money to spend when you can have the same piece of mind if you practice good trigger discipline.

If you get one of the older USP models, you will need an adapter for a weapon light unless you buy HKs light, so keep that in mind. Other than little things like that, they are a first rate handgun, very modular, you already have an ambi mag release and the safety/de-cocker can be reversed. (i think the slide release is ambi also....my memory is foggy though.
    The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by tntblaster View Post
    I'm heading up to Grice in the near future, they are listed as a dealer for H&K pistols. Does anyone have any real world experience with H&K ?

I'm looking at the HK45 compact, or a P2000 SK.

Also debating about a 9mm XD/XDM...
    For the money that you spend on an HK45C, you might as well just get a 1911 and have the same capacity in a slimmer package. I had an HK45C and got rid of it, but kept the the non-C 10 shot model instead.

(Bucks County)

I have a USP compact. It is uber reliable. In all seriousness, through thousands of rounds, I can never recall a failure of any type, ever. That said, I'm migrating away from it since I no longer like the trigger's DA to SA transition.

If you think that may be a concern, HKs answer to that is their Law Enforcement Modification LEM. I've never shot one with this set-up.

(Bucks County)

I own a HK match target and USP 45C and both have great accuracy and have been 100% reliable but I think HK's are a little overpriced. there's a HK45 at the local shop priced at 999 and there's the XDm priced about 450 less and I can't say I feel the HK is worth the additional 450 bucks. i own a XD in 357 sig and it's been just as reliable and just as accurate as my USP but i paid about 300 bucks less for the XD. if you have to have the HK you'll have a great pistol but i think you should consider other less expensive options that will be just as accurate and reliable but cost less than the HK.

(Centre County)

Thanks for the replies !