Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Reloading Supplies/Powder Around Newport PA

I live near Newport, PA and am trying to start reloading. I will need some powder, primer, etc. I thought there was a mom and pop reloading shop up past Meiserville/Liverpool maybe Middleburg area PA. I believe they were at the gun show in York and handled just reloading stuff - but that was a few months ago and I maybe mistaken about there address.

Does any one know of these folks or any other local places that deal in reloading supplies? I don't care much for the "big" stores. Please provide their phone numbers. Thanks

(Perry County)

Default Re: Reloading Supplies/Powder Around Newport PA

There is a little store with a gun shop on 850 between Dromgolds and Elliotsburg. I think it is called Perry Co Firearms 582-7700. I was out that way and was surprised to see how much they had. During the late fall they actually had more powder than Bass Pro in Harrisburg!! Nice people to, the guy seemed pretty knowledgeable. I'd give him a call, even though it is a bit out of the way unless you are going to Carlisle for some reason. If you get to Blain the Grocery store there actually has firearms and some reloading supplies?

I buy most of my supplies over the internet, buying in bulk saves money and gives a much better choice.

(Juniata County)

Default Re: Reloading Supplies/Powder Around Newport PA

I live in Port Royal - just up the road 20 minutes or so from you.

One of the local shops I like to use is Spruce Hill Sporting Goods. It's 6 miles south of Port Royal on Route 75. They usually have a good supply of reloading supplies. Call them at 717-527-2082 if you're looking for particular items. Prices are decent too. He has the largest stock in the general area for "Mom and Pop" stores. (Dean and his wife are very nice - 5PM to 9PM Tues to Friday, and 9am to 5pm on Saturday)

Other shops in the area I go to on occasion are:

Flowers Gun Shop in Oriental - Usually has some stuff, but it depends on when he goes to stock up. (Rich and his wife are also very nice - usually only open in the evenings)

Flint Valley Traders in Mt. Pleasant Mills (Half a mile off 104) Fred has good prices on items when He can get them in stock. His stock is usually very low.

Hawks on 17 - hit or miss on reloading stuff - mostly miss on primers and powder.

Another shop I've seen but not been in:

Juniata Fur Shed in Mifflin (They List reloading Supplies)
    Phone 717-436-8175 Hours Mon-Tues-Thurs-Fri 6PM to 10 PM, Wed 7 PM to 9 PM, Sat 9 AM to 5 PM

In your extended (northern) area, there is Young's in Northumberland, Hummels in Kramer, and Geiser's in Sunbury. They almost always have a good stock.
    Dan Pierce Outdoors in Lewistown (on old 22 on the way to Wal-mart)-they usually have supplies too.

I can't speak of what is south of you for shops. Lots of choices out there if you don't mind a slow drive.
    Last edited by DeadHead; February 16th, 2010 at 01:24 PM. Reason: added phone numbers