Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Sig P226 Elite Dark TB vs Sig P226 Blackwater Tactical?

What's up guy's?

I'm trying to save a lil money here and still get a good pistol while doing so. My first choice was the Blackwater Tactical but, then I found the Elite Dark with the threaded barrel and night sights. My question to you guy's is what makes the Blackwater costs more is, it just because it's a Blackwater edition(NAME) because if so I don't see much of a difference maybe, I'm over looking something. The Elite Dark TB seems like a good thing for the price. Looks like to me that the Blackwater would have at least come with a threaded barrel does anyone else feel that way?

Help me if you can and, which one would you purchase?

http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/Sho...&productid=257

http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/Sho...&productid=192
    Protect yourself at all times.... purchase a firearm. It's your right!

(York County)

Default Re: Sig P226 Elite Dark TB vs Sig P226 Blackwater Tactical?

Those links both say they are about the same MSRP price (assuming you wanted the threaded barrel on the Elite Dark). The Blackwater has fiberoptic/night sights, SRT trigger, and comes with 4 20 round magazines. IMO the Blackwater is the better buy.

(Blair County)

Ditto, dark only holds 15. BW holds 20, and gives you 4 mags. Also nicer magazine port. Deeper grip. Sig mags usually cost 34$

(Philadelphia County)

I have a BWT and it is a very smoth shooting gun and shoots better than my p220SS elite . The BWT is set up for fast and accurate shooting . IMHO

(Bucks County)

why does one hold 15 and the other come with 20 round mag?

id personally go with the combat tb

http://sigsauer.com/Products/ShowCat...&productid=243

(Montgomery County)

They are both fine, but a Smith and Wesson .357 Mag "L" frame seven shot revolver can do what they can do and so much more. Spend some time shooting your friends wheel (I mean real) guns and look at a more broad selection of hardware.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    They are both fine, but a Smith and Wesson .357 Mag "L" frame seven shot revolver can do what they can do and so much more. Spend some time shooting your friends wheel (I mean real) guns and look at a more broad selection of hardware.
    No it cant. Aside from many other things it cant do It cant fire 8 shots without being reloaded, let alone 9 shots, or 10 shots, or 11 shots, or 12 shots, or 13 shots, etc........Not many revolvers have a rail......or nightsights.....A revolver cant be reloaded while in service (leaving one in the chamber while covering an assailant, dropping the mag and inserting new one)

if you think you might get a can one day i'd go with the elite dark, otherwise i'd stay clear of it because of the higher sights and threaded barrel are not fun on an every day gun, atleast to me. The only other differences I see are the grips, and mags both of which can use any P226 mags or grips so I wouldn't let that sway you one way or the other.

I'd assume the reason they dont put a threaded barrel on the blackwater tactical is because then they would have to switch out the sights basically making it an elite dark with some different grips.

I paid $925 for my blackwater tactical, and love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    how many speedloaders would one need to hold 60+1?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Edg View Post
    No it cant. Aside from many other things it cant do It cant fire 8 shots without being reloaded, let alone 9 shots, or 10 shots, or 11 shots, or 12 shots, or 13 shots, etc........Not many revolvers have a rail......or nightsights.....A revolver cant be reloaded while in service (leaving one in the chamber while covering an assailant, dropping the mag and inserting new one)
    If you are reloading while holding someone at gunpoint, you need either better training or you should stop twittering and checking your facebook on your i-phone while in a shoot out.

Rails are rarely used, especially since it is hard to get good concealable holsters that will hold a weapon with a rail mounted device and still work well. Put the tacti-Kool-Aid down. The majority of railed autos I have seen do not have accessories mounted. The name accessory means that it is not necessary, yet only a supplement.

If I am spraying my neighborhood with 15+ shots and I need to carry sixty rounds of ammo on my person I need two things, I need to move and I should carry my bushmaster for defense instead. If one of us is ever unfortunate enough to need our sidearms for defense it will only be a few shots, it will be very very close as in contact distance.

My point is not to say one device is better then another. When it comes to the P226, they are all practically the same. The tiny differences make little to no real change in the effectiveness of the weapon. A used, non-tacticool P226 will do the exact same thing, cost less so you can buy more ammo and not make one look like a tool when groups at the range barely get on a full size B27 target. In short, the only real difference is price. Caveat emptor.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast