Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Re: No Weapons Allowed (Lycoming Mall)

Quote Originally Posted by goofin View Post
    Screw the malls. on the back of my LTCF it states
    " vailid throughout the Commonwealth until expiration date indicated unless sooner revoked"
    dosnt say a damn thing about exceptions to this at all. you guys piss and moan about townships taking your rights away but you suck hind tit when it comes to private property rights. so much for the belief that we have the right to carry, dont you think?
    So, in your opinion, if I came to your house and you didnt like that I carry (far fetched I know but stick with me) and asked me to leave I could tell you to fuck off?

I have a problem with that
    Millions for defense, Not one cent for tribute!

you guys piss and moan about townships taking your rights away but you suck hind tit when it comes to private property rights. so much for the belief that we have the right to carry, dont you think?
    A township is not privately owned.

So you do not believe that you should be able to control the use of your property ?
    Will I really care if LE later catch the guy who killed me ?

(Lycoming County)

I have seen that sign for years, it is not new. I get a kick out of the wording "authorized law enforcement or security officer". Since I actually own a Security Agency, I deem myself "authorized" I am fairly sure that is not what they mean

Be safe (and "authorized").

Scott

(Adams County)

" vailid throughout the Commonwealth until expiration date indicated unless sooner revoked"
    dosnt say a damn thing about exceptions to this at all. you guys piss and moan about townships taking your rights away but you suck hind tit when it comes to private property rights. so much for the belief that we have the right to carry, dont you think?
    We have the right to carry but we have to respect the rights of others while doing so. If not we would be hipocrites. I like leaving that for the politicians.
    I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy. Hippie and 3%er.

(Monroe County)

Wow, clueless.

(Montgomery County)

It's very simple. It's the old "Your right to swing your fist, ends at the tip of my nose". If you continue, you will be charged with assault.

If you persist in carrying after you are requested to leave, you will fe charged with defiant trespass. simple.

Quote Originally Posted by YllwFvr View Post
    So, in your opinion, if I came to your house and you didnt like that I carry (far fetched I know but stick with me) and asked me to leave I could tell you to fuck off?

I have a problem with that
    How am I supposed to ignore him if you keep on quoting him?

Property owners rights are far more important than your individual rights.......
    Deal with it........

(Lehigh County)

You have no choice, you must respect the property rights of the mall owner. If you ignore it and get caught, it could mean defiant trespass and your LTCF.

If you do not like their policy, don't go there, complain to management. Indicate that all PA LTCF holders have had a background check. Give an example of public shooting that might have been shortened had an armed citizen not been constrained in defending themselves and others. For example:

I am ashamed of those who represent me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    Well, I went to the Lycoming Mall tonight the buy my girlfriend new shoes as a Valentine's gift and as always I had my sidearm on me. I was carrying on my strong side on my hip and I had my sweatshirt over it to conceal it (and yes I have a LTCF). I get inside the doors at one of their entrances and happened upon the nice little white sign they have posted for everyone to see as they enter the mall listing the conduct policy. Sure enough as I scan down through the document I notice their "Gun Free Safe Zone" policy.
    Why'd you read the sign? I never bother to read those signs. If they notice that I'm carrying (not likely as I don't OC) I can honestly plead ignorance and excuse myself from the property. No fuss, no muss.

If I do notice a sign (usually one of those obnoxious ones at eye level with the graphic of a gun and a line through it) then I'm going to vote with my wallet and take my business elsewhere. If they are that adamant about it then they don't deserve my business. But the "rules of conduct" signs? They are usually printed with eight point font and list all manner of things from "no skateboarding" to "shirts and shoes required". I'm not going to waste my time reading it.

Of course I've never seen such a sign around these parts. One of the few redeeming qualities of New York State is that most businesses just don't think about concealed firearms. Few people realize that you can legally carry a firearm in this state and it never crosses their mind to put up such a sign. I have seen them during my travels out of NYS though.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast