Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Potentially bad situation avoided by roommate(s)

This happened to my roommate, not myself, but I will share anyway.

My roommate, B, was walking to the corner store on 15th and York St. last night to buy a 40. The corner store is only half a block away from our house, so he didn't bring his gun. Outside of the store, a homeless man asked B for financial assistance in purchasing some malt liquor... I guess B was in a good mood so he gave the man a handful of change.

B exited the store with his purchases when all of a sudden, a black car pulled up beside him and the door opened. A young black male wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, jeans, and a sports beanie stepped out of the car.

Man: "HEY!"

B: *starts walking faster while turning his head backwards*

Man: *clears his shirt and shows B that he has a gun*... "STOP"

B: *starts running as fast as he can*

B was only a couple feet from the house so he took a mad dash for the front door. He later told me that if he had his gun, he probably would have drawn on the guy, but since he didn't... he did the next best thing... get the fuck out of there.

B slams the door out of breath, and my other roommate, S, asked him what was wrong. B told him what happened... so S ran upstairs and grabbed his Ruger LCP and AR-15.

5 seconds later someone starts pounding on the door claiming that they were police. B looked out the window and saw that it was the same guy with the hooded sweatshirt. S left his AR on the bottom step of the stairs and had his LCP behind his back as he slowly cracked the door open.

The African American gentleman had a badge around his neck and behind him was a white female who also had a badge on. S told them he had a gun and that he was going to slowly put it down on the table behind him. They said OK and asked if they could come in. For some reason, S let them in (I would have told them to fuck off).

They came in and asked S if he had a permit for those weapons. S told them that you don't need a permit to own firearms in your house and they quickly dropped the subject. Now onto B...

The LEOs handcuffed B and patted him down.

Male LEO: "Why did you keep looking at my car when you were leaving the store?"

B: "I like to be aware of my surroundings."

Male LEO: "Why did you run from me, I was showing you my badge."

B: "I was running, I couldn't see a badge... all I saw was your gun."

Male LEO: "Admit it, you're racist. You saw a black guy and thought I was going to rob you."

B: "I live in North fucking Philly. I deal with aggressive beggars all the time, I didn't know what you wanted with me."

Apparently they thought B was making a drug deal with the homeless guy... so it was all a giant misunderstanding. The whole thing is pretty surreal to me...

(Erie County)

Default Re: Potentially bad situation avoided by roommate(s)

Man: "HEY!"

B: *starts walking faster while turning his head backwards*

Man: *clears his shirt and shows B that he has a gun*... "STOP"
    "cop" didn't identify himself!
    I would have done the same, except I would have called the cops immediately upon returning home!
    The most dangerous place in America is a "gun free" zone.

(Lackawanna County)

ugh.

remind me again why i never want to live in Philthadelphia? i just came back fron the store; if some guy flashed me a gun in front of the store, i don't care what color he is, he's likely to get shot. what the fuck was wrong with that guy? your buddy ran from him because he's a racist? did the gun have an afro or something?

at least your friend won't leave his gun next time.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    "cop" didn't identify himself!
    I would have done the same, except I would have called the cops immediately upon returning home!
    Yea, he didn't identify himself first... he attempted to show his badge but all my roommate saw was the gun. Stupid move imo.

Quote Originally Posted by uniballin View Post
    This happened to my roommate, not myself, but I will share anyway.

My roommate, B, was walking to the corner store on 15th and York St. last night to buy a 40.
    Sorry, but what is a 40?

5 seconds later someone starts pounding on the door claiming that they were police. B looked out the window and saw that it was the same guy with the hooded sweatshirt. S left his AR on the bottom step of the stairs and had his LCP behind his back as he slowly cracked the door open.

The African American gentleman had a badge around his neck and behind him was a white female who also had a badge on. S told them he had a gun and that he was going to slowly put it down on the table behind him. They said OK and asked if they could come in. For some reason, S let them in (I would have told them to fuck off).

They came in and asked S if he had a permit for those weapons. S told them that you don't need a permit to own firearms in your house and they quickly dropped the subject. Now onto B...

The LEOs handcuffed B and patted him down.
    Wow, why did he open the door at all? Just should have called 911 right then. Anyone can wear any type of badge around their neck and claim they're cops.

Both the cops and your roommates are lucky they were not shot by each other. Roommates thinking thugs were at the door.
    Last edited by HiredGoon; February 12th, 2010 at 09:58 PM.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    Sorry, but what is a 40?

Wow, why did he open the door at all? Just should have called 911 right then. Anyone can wear any type of badge around their neck and claim they're cops.
    40 = malt liquor

(Northampton County)

Goodness gracious. There is nothing right about that story.

Badge? Give me a break. I'm not opening my door to someone with a badge. Until a few cop cars are in front of my house so I know they are legit.

Makes you wonder why so many Phila cops get shot at. Thugs jumping out of cars and chasing people at random tend to get shot at.

Quote Originally Posted by uniballin View Post
    40 = malt liquor
    Oh, OK...got it.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    Sorry, but what is a 40?

Both the cops and your roommates are lucky they were not shot by each other. Roommates thinking thugs were at the door.
    Alcoholic beverages (generally malt liquor) sold in 40 oz containers.

(Montgomery County)

Geeze, people sure do post fast!

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast