Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northampton County)

Default Upgrades to PT111

I hated the Heinie Straight-8 sights that cam stock, so I invested in a set of Williams Firesights. They are working out much better. I also added a LimbSaver grip...it's model # 12013 here...Limbsaver Pro Handgun Grips. As you can see, I also shaved down the front of the trigger guard with a Dremel so I could get the gun to fit perfectly in a HK USP Compact Blackhawk Serpa.

Sorry about the blurry pics...cellphone...crappy Blackberry.
    Kimber Pro Crimson Carry II .45 ACP, Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro 9mm

Default Re: Upgrades to PT111

Those sights look like a good improvement

(Cumberland County)

I just picked up a Millennium Pro 2 weeks ago and I am hating the Heinie sights too.

I'm wondering if you can give some details about the installation of these sights, any adjustments that you made. I am not very mechanically inclined - I have never changed sights, or done anything else to a gun before... please be as specific as you can.

(Chester County)

I would also love an idea of how hard it was to swap the sights - been thinking about swapping my PT140 Pro's standard Heine sights for Tritium. If it's a fairly easy swap, I may take the plunge this week.
    KnightZero - Zombie Killing Mercenary Watchman for hire. Will work for food.

http://kn1ght-z3r0.livejournal.com/tag/firearms - My firearms, and my ramblings on the Open Carry Movement.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by phrank View Post
    I just picked up a Millennium Pro 2 weeks ago and I am hating the Heinie sights too.

I'm wondering if you can give some details about the installation of these sights, any adjustments that you made. I am not very mechanically inclined - I have never changed sights, or done anything else to a gun before... please be as specific as you can.
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightZero View Post
    I would also love an idea of how hard it was to swap the sights - been thinking about swapping my PT140 Pro's standard Heine sights for Tritium. If it's a fairly easy swap, I may take the plunge this week.
    I have a lot of experience working with small tools, so I was able to change out the sights myself. The Heinie sights are on there very tightly, so you really have to back out the screws to get them loose. You might also need a hammer and nail punch to knock them loose. Once loose, just slide them off and slide in the FireSights and tighten them down. That's all there is to it, besides making sure they're aligned correctly.

KnightZero, as far as Tritium sights, I can't give a definitive answer. I would assume you have to be more careful with them over regular fiber optic sights like the FireSights. Your best bet would probably be to talk to a gunsmith. I didn't even know that there were Tritium sights made for the Millennium Pro models. Can you provide a link?

Tonight, I cut down my Blackhawk Serpa to fit the gun. Blackhawk doesn't make a model for the MillPros, so I went with the HK USP Compact version which provided the best fit after shaving the trigger guard. However, there was an extra 2 cm length to the holster past the muzzle...ergo, cutting it down...
    Kimber Pro Crimson Carry II .45 ACP, Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro 9mm

(Northampton County)

Heinie sells the Straight 8 Tritium night sights on their website. I'm actually planning on picking up a set for my XDM when I have the money. I very much prefer the two dot system over the three dot that is currently on the gun.

Now if they made the Straight 8s with fiber optics with Tritium centers, I'd definitely pick up a set.

(Chester County)

Warpt beat me to it - the site states that the sights fit the 24/7, but I do believe that the Milpros have the same sight cutouts.

http://www.heinie.com/product_info.p...roducts_id=107
    Straight 8

http://www.heinie.com/product_info.p...roducts_id=106
    Three Dot

I'm thinking of sticking with the Straight 8 profile when I switch to Tritium as well. When I first bought my Mil Pro, I hated the sights, but once I stopped trying to shoot beyond my skill level, I quickly grew to like how quickly I could line up on target with them.
    KnightZero - Zombie Killing Mercenary Watchman for hire. Will work for food.

http://kn1ght-z3r0.livejournal.com/tag/firearms - My firearms, and my ramblings on the Open Carry Movement.