Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Valley Forge Gun SHow

Thanks; do you know the number of the bus, by chance?

(Bucks County)

Hey guys,

Just wanted some insight on this show, maybe from some of you that have been in the past.

This will be my first gun show and wanted to purchase a new handgun because of my recent employment. Im looking for a HK P30 and wondering if this would be the place to get it and just wait till the show?

Also, Are these dealers big name dealers or am I dealing with some shady character? Good Prices? Can I leave with the gun same day, I know they would have to do a background check.

Thanks for your help

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by runningfast View Post

Thanks; do you know the number of the bus, by chance?
    http://www.septa.org/schedules/bus/pdf/125.pdf

(Philadelphia County)

Thanks a lot!

I'll request off one of the days. I presume the first day of a gun show is usually the best, when inventory is still full?

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by HKArmedGuard View Post
    Hey guys,

Just wanted some insight on this show, maybe from some of you that have been in the past.

This will be my first gun show and wanted to purchase a new handgun because of my recent employment. Im looking for a HK P30 and wondering if this would be the place to get it and just wait till the show?

Also, Are these dealers big name dealers or am I dealing with some shady character? Good Prices? Can I leave with the gun same day, I know they would have to do a background check.

Thanks for your help
    One of the advantages of attending a gun show is the chance to shop for and actualy handle what you want or thing you might want all in one place without having to drive all over. With any luck you will find what you are seeking, especialy as this is one of the shows with the highest number of quality dealers. Sadlly, some of the shows have have denigrated to the point where you have to try to pick put the gun dealers from among the sea of guys with tables of cheap trinkets and Chinese fantisy swords.

As far as the dealers go most, whether large or small, are pretty straight up guys and gals. Just bear in mind the fact that most of these folks, such as my self, are doing this for a living and need to make a profit. Many will work with you cost wise though. Things you need to look out for are: Is the item you are buying what the dealer says it is, what comes with said item and; ask about extra charges. Some dealers charge an instant check fee, others do not; some times this fee is nominal, other times it's exorbitant. Either way you are paying for it whether it's build into the price of the item or added as an extra. It's up to you to decide what you feel is fair to you.

As far as price is concerned you can sometimes get really good deals at shows. Other times the price you pay is the same as at any other gun shop.

As far as leaving with your new toy; unless you are put on a "Delay" by the PICS system you should be able to leave with your recent purchase. You can help the background check along by filling out the forms properly and having any documention you need (if any) along with your Pa. ID.

I hope this helps. Good luck and stop by and say "Hi". I'll be at the Highland Arms tables near the front of the show.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ScotsGuards View Post
    One of the advantages of attending a gun show is the chance to shop for and actualy handle what you want or thing you might want all in one place without having to drive all over. With any luck you will find what you are seeking, especialy as this is one of the shows with the highest number of quality dealers. Sadlly, some of the shows have have denigrated to the point where you have to try to pick put the gun dealers from among the sea of guys with tables of cheap trinkets and Chinese fantisy swords.

As far as the dealers go most, whether large or small, are pretty straight up guys and gals. Just bear in mind the fact that most of these folks, such as my self, are doing this for a living and need to make a profit. Many will work with you cost wise though. Things you need to look out for are: Is the item you are buying what the dealer says it is, what comes with said item and; ask about extra charges. Some dealers charge an instant check fee, others do not; some times this fee is nominal, other times it's exorbitant. Either way you are paying for it whether it's build into the price of the item or added as an extra. It's up to you to decide what you feel is fair to you.

As far as price is concerned you can sometimes get really good deals at shows. Other times the price you pay is the same as at any other gun shop.

As far as leaving with your new toy; unless you are put on a "Delay" by the PICS system you should be able to leave with your recent purchase. You can help the background check along by filling out the forms properly and having any documention you need (if any) along with your Pa. ID.

I hope this helps. Good luck and stop by and say "Hi". I'll be at the Highland Arms tables near the front of the show.

Thanks for all your help, That really gives me a great bit of detail on what Im giong to expect.

Thanks again and if I dont buy one before I will definately stop by the booth and say hello.

Dan

(Montgomery County)

Looking forward to this show. The snow caused me to miss it last time. I went to Oaks show recently. It wasn't great. But, I'm new to the shows so I'm not sure what to expect.

I would expect really good buys on items at a show. This was not the case at the Oaks show last month. Any recommendations that anyone can give me would be appreciated. I recommend doing your "due diligence" prior to attending so that you are aware of pricing of items you might want to buy.

One Of my favorite shows. I've been to A few in Florida, Georgia, albama etc & I like this one. Hit it last time in the snow on Saturday. I am thinking of getting an upper built by "Tonys custom uppers". I just wonder how long it would take him & how much he charges. Love the ar selection & the "exotic" 37mm & 26.5mm flare ammo. I'll be there Friday. Hope to meet some of you guys this time.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by xxwhytmykxx View Post
    ... I am thinking of getting an upper built by "Tonys custom uppers". I just wonder how long it would take him & how much he charges. ...
    Ask him: http://www.tonyscustomuppers.com
    Keep perspective, recognize the good in your enemies and the bad in your friends.
    "--you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein, Revolt in 2100

Smile Re: Valley Forge Gun SHow

I tried emailing him before. I'll try again considering he has an updated sight now. Any of you guys going Friday?

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast