Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Adams County)

Default Shop Suggestions

I live in the Hanover area, and was curious about good, reputable shops in the area. I'm an out of work college student, so I am primarily focused on the Hanover/Littlestown/Gettysburg area, as gas is like gold to me.
    Any suggestions would be great, either places to go, or places to avoid. I tried the search option, but couldn't find anything concrete. Thanks.

(Adams County)

Default Re: Shop Suggestions

I like reddings in gettysburg. Thier prices are competitive and the staff is great. I bought my last two handguns from them.

(Adams County)

I have stopped in Reddings, but their prices seemed a little high to me. Now, I did just move back here from the South, and prices were a little lower down there, so are Reddings prices normal?

Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather support a small business like that than a larger chain if they are both offering what I need, I'm just not sure what to expect up North.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Orion0317 View Post
    I have stopped in Reddings, but their prices seemed a little high to me. Now, I did just move back here from the South, and prices were a little lower down there, so are Reddings prices normal?

Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather support a small business like that than a larger chain if they are both offering what I need, I'm just not sure what to expect up North.
    No, their prices aren't normal, I stopped by there about 6 months ago when I was looking for my first handgun. They usually have a pretty decent selection of used guns, especially handguns, the problem is they want new gun prices for them, as for their new guns most are $50-$100 overpriced. The staff didn't seem to be all that interested in actually helping costumers, and when I asked to look at a handgun, the guy hands me a different one and tells me I should get this instead, kept trying to convince me even after I pointed out several features I didn't like, both guns were in the same price range so I have no idea why.
    Back to the original question, I'm looking for shops in the area as well, the only one I can think of is W.E. Sells, they mostly have hunting rifles and shotguns, but sometimes they'll have some decent deals on used handguns. If York isn't too far, Stonybrook usually has a decent selection of handguns, AR's, etc.
    Last edited by FCastle88; February 12th, 2010 at 05:46 PM.

(Adams County)

If York isn't too far, Stonybrook usually has a decent selection of handguns, AR's, etc.
    Stonybrook Shooting Supplies on Market Street?

I will admit, Reddings price on a used WASR GP-10 seemed a little high - $800 otd.
    Last edited by Orion0317; February 12th, 2010 at 11:08 PM.
    Oath Keeper, MMIX - Ad Infinitum

(Lancaster County)

Stonybrook Shooting Supplies on Market Street?

I will admit, Reddings price on a used WASR GP-10 seemed a little high - $800 otd.
    A little high? That's downright psychotic. Even during the post-election craze WASR's weren't selling for that much.

If that's what you're looking for you can usually find them for sale in the classifieds here for between $400-$500 depending on what comes with them.

(Adams County)

A little high? That's downright psychotic. Even during the post-election craze WASR's weren't selling for that much.
    I believe a converted Saiga underfolder was selling for $1200. Something about "All original, straight from Russia." I smiled and left. Sucks being young, (and looking young...I shave every morning, dress nicely, and keep close trimmed hair) I get played for a fool too often. That WASR is still there, as of last week, still $800.

If that's what you're looking for you can usually find them for sale in the classifieds here for between $400-$500 depending on what comes with them.
    That is what I am looking for, not necessarily a WASR, but something similar. I'll start checking the classifieds, thanks for the tip!

(York County)

I believe a converted Saiga underfolder was selling for $1200. Something about "All original, straight from Russia." I smiled and left. Sucks being young, (and looking young...I shave every morning, dress nicely, and keep close trimmed hair) I get played for a fool too often. That WASR is still there, as of last week, still $800.

That is what I am looking for, not necessarily a WASR, but something similar. I'll start checking the classifieds, thanks for the tip!
    Dunham's has WASR's for $400-$600, and they run sales on them every few weeks, their prices usually aren't the greatest and their employees know nothing about guns, but sometimes they'll put stuff on sale for a decent price.
    Yeah, I was talking about Stonybrook Shooting Supplies, they usually have some AK's, the owner is really friendly and their prices are probably close to the best you'll find around here.
    Stubby Gear on Market Street/rt 30 is about 25 minutes from Hanover and they usually have a few AR's and an AK or two. Also, the gun show at the York Fairgrounds is on the 27th, you can probably find a few decent deals there.

(Adams County)

FCastle88, many thanks sir. I'll take a trip up to Stonybrook and Stubby Gear then, hopefully before the gun show.

(York County)

FCastle88, many thanks sir. I'll take a trip up to Stonybrook and Stubby Gear then, hopefully before the gun show.
    No problem, you might want to call Stubby Gear before you go, they're closed Sunday-Tuesday and sometimes the owner is at shows on Saturdays, Stonybrook is open Tuesday-Saturday but I think they close at 6 some days.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast