Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Walther PPS anyone using

Any Walther PPS owners ? Thinking about getting one.

Hokkmike Guest

Default Re: Walther PPS anyone using

Yes. (try the PPS Forum). Mine is a .40. It is great except for the lack of capacity (because it is intended to be small, flat, and concealable) in only 5, 6, or 7 rounds per (pricey) mags.

I really, really like mine. I'll stop short of love it.

It is a thorough-bred, a keeper.

(Warren County)

Smile Re: Walther PPS anyone using

Mine's a 9mm version, had it about 18 months and I love it! It's my carry piece, along with a nice Fobus holster! I've got about 500 rounds thru it so far, with not one issue. And I've shot everything from my reloads to fmj to hp bullets. Very accurate and even my wife likes shooting it.
    Tim , USAF Ret.

(Allegheny County)

I just bought one a couple of weeks ago for a discreet summer carry gun.

So far, I have only run 100 rds through it, no malfunctions. I found the trigger pretty stiff. I am in the process of putting it through an intensive dry fire practice regimen to smooth it up some.

Have ordered a FIST ultra thin kydex IWB holster for it, not here yet, but then again I have some time till summer.

I have shot three other PPSs before I purchased mine; all three had very workable triggers, so it just seems that mine is a little rough. I do like the gun though.

Good luck with your choice.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

(Delaware County)

buster has 1 and I had the pleasure of shooting it..it's SWEET...personally prefer it over the 9mm sub-compact glocks.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Chester County)

Very happy with mine after a few hundred rounds.

The trigger has really smoothed out with a lot of dry firing and some range time. Had a few feed problems the first 100 rounds or so. There is a good set of instructions for lubrication and breakin at http://www.waltherforums.com/showthread.php?t=8904. Good advice and well worth the read.

It does have a limited capacity, but that's part of the trade for utility and concealability. I work in an office in business casual all day and can't really wear a cover garment all the time. The gun rests in a belt holster or IWB when I can cover it, and when I have to take off the coat, the 7 round magazine (9 mm) comes out and a six round mag goes in and it moves to my pocket in a Rusty Sherrick pocket holster - http://www.c-rusty.com/pages/holsters/Pocket.html. Not quite as good in the pocket as my Kahr PM9 which is a little lighter and a little shorter, but saves me from having to carry the PM9 as a backup for when I can't cover a larger gun.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Orive 8 View Post
    I found the trigger pretty stiff. I am in the process of putting it through an intensive dry fire practice regimen to smooth it up some.
    The trigger will smooth out with a bit of firing and dry firing, but also take a look at the walther forum link I posted in my above post. Following Dmars suggestions will help.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    ...personally prefer it over the 9mm sub-compact glocks.
    I agree. This is a gun Glock should have built and could have built better than Walther in my opinion. Problem is that Glock is so damn fixated on their high capacity double stack magazines that they just refuse to acknowledge that there are some of us who, for whatever reasons, prefer or need a slim, single stack, concealable, compact handgun. There attitude seems to be that the consumer should just love what they manufacture and live with it, even if it is not exactly what they need.

I like Glocks... their action, reliability and simplicity. I don't like their ergonomics and neither do a lot of other people, but Glock doesn't care. Walther did and they'll have my loyalty for a long time as a result.

(Lancaster County)

Thanks Guys,
    I think I will start looking tomorrow. Any idea on price or where to look? I'm in Southern Lancaster County. ( now 9mm or .40 ,it never stops, ha ha )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast