Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Clinton County)

Default Breaking through the anti carry propaganda

So I am sitting talking to someone about hunting and we get onto guns and he says he has a license to carry but doesn't use it. His wife mentions that she didn't know people could carry guns in PA. I said, "yea, they can even open carry." The guy then interjected that he didn't like that. I asked him why and he said because it makes people afraid and uneasy. I asked him why they should be afraid of the sight of a holstered gun and he couldn't answer me. I continued and asked if they shouldn't be more afraid of someone who conceals a weapon for criminal use as most criminals do not walk around with a holstered sidearm in plain view. He couldn't answer me. I said, "Wouldn't you say that people's fear of guns is mostly irrational?" He refused to answer and just changed the subject. This is a good example of how the anti-gunners use psychological intimidation to seep into your brain and get someone who is a hunter and a gun owner to be afraid to carry his own firearms. They try to make you feel guilty for carrying because you might frighten people even if their fear is completely irrational. They also feed both sides by making weak minded people fear guns through the media.

The thing is though when you just ask the simple question of "why" they cannot answer you rationally. There is no logical reason to fear or feel intimidated by the mere sight of a gun if the person carrying is behaving in a law abiding manner.

What really pissed me off is when they mentioned "that soccer mom" that carried and said to me that it got her killed. I corrected them and said that it was her husband who was a police officer who killed her in a domestic incident. A police officer who you wouldn't think twice of if you saw with a gun. ugh...

(Centre County)

Default Re: Breaking through the anti carry propaganda

Post deleted by poster, as I am, doing to almost all my posts.
    Last edited by TheF00L; April 13th, 2010 at 07:14 AM.