Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default lost my bid on m14,, so now which should i buy?

I was winning but was outbid in my sleep on a M14. So, now I must move on to another rifle.

I am turned on by.....

AR-15's
    AK-47/74's
    CETME
    and other MBRs

I sat here all day looking at rifles and have gotten no where on a decision. Therfore, I am asking you guys what you would buy with $1,000 and why?

as far as preferred usage, it will be a SHTF-EXPEDITIONARY/PROPERTY DEFENSE RIFLE and will only be used within 200 yards max.

I'm smoking from my ears right now and in need of some opinions

thanks
    Last edited by 556slinger; February 7th, 2010 at 11:06 PM.
    I needs the following... .303 ammo, scrap steel, and and cheap SKS. please LMK

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: lost my bid on m14,, so now which should i buy?

Don't just look for something to buy now that you lost the bid --- save the money until you find something you really want . (like another M14 )

Trust me .. I used to spend alot of time on Ebay and Gunbroker and would bid on something that I really wanted but if I lost I felt like I had to spend the money on something, but a few days later I would find a great deal but would have to pass it over because I had blown the money on some other random thing that I really didn't want .

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus View Post
    Don't just look for something to buy now that you lost the bid --- save the money until you find something you really want . (like another M14 )

Trust me .. I used to spend alot of time on Ebay and Gunbroker and would bid on something that I really wanted but if I lost I felt like I had to spend the money on something, but a few days later I would find a great deal but would have to pass it over because I had blown the money on some other random thing that I really didn't want .
    GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!! LOL

see the problem is, if i don't jump on something then the total will dwindle down to nothing from cigs and coffeee etc.
    I needs the following... .303 ammo, scrap steel, and and cheap SKS. please LMK

If this auction was the Chinese M14 you were posting about earlier, someone may have done you a favor. As posted elsewhere, it's likely it would have needed additional work to run they way it's intended. No need to take a risk like that.

Plus, you don't have to pay for it. Losing an auction isn't "losing" the way we think of losing. You still have your money, and all you options.

Do it right, save your money and get the USGI M14 the first time. If you have your heart set on an M14, take a look at a Springfield M1A or maybe an Armscorp M14.
    Gloria: "65 percent of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by hand guns"
    Archie Bunker: "would it make you feel better, little girl, if they was pushed outta windows?"

http://www.moviewavs.com/TV_Shows/Al...he_Family.html

(Westmoreland County)

For $1K and something thats effective 200+ yds

First, I would get a Russian Saiga(and then convert it), or other quality AK47/74 and use the left over cash on extra mags and ammo. But then again I'm partial to AK's.

Second a decent stock AR 15, If you dont add a bunch of tacticool stuff you'll have some cash left over for a few mags and some ammo.

Third a decent FAL can be had for under 1K if you look around

I personally would skip the Cetme/G3 Some love'm some hate'em I'm the later ,The ergonomics for me are horrid.

Tim

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by 556slinger View Post
    I was winning but was outbid in my sleep on a M14. So, now I must move on to another rifle.

I am turned on by.....

AR-15's
    AK-47/74's

CETME
    and other MBRs

I sat here all day looking at rifles and have gotten no where on a decision. Therfore, I am asking you guys what you would buy with $1,000 and why?

as far as preferred usage, it will be a SHTF-EXPEDITIONARY/PROPERTY DEFENSE RIFLE and will only be used within 200 yards max.

thanks
    your first two listed are not MBRs.

if you already have an AR/AK, save up the money and get a good M1A SOCOM 16 or M1A Bush Rifle. you will not be disappointed with that. you can find some used at a good price. if you get a chance to shoot one, you'll quickly fall in love with it. so save up and get what you want and not just something to spend your money on.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

(Lehigh County)

DPMS LR-308. Shoots 7.62 NATO/.308, in an AR platform. What's not to like?
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

(Lancaster County)

Why not go with a good M1 Garand ? It doesn't get much better.

I'm in the same boat sorta. I really want a M1A but refuse to pay the money. I'm also looking for a SHTF scoped long range semi auto rifle that doesn't shoot a varmit round.

I've narrowed it down to three, kinda.
    1. PSL
    2. RPK
    3. M76

Then I might just make a M1D clone out of a mix master Garand, or get a left handed R700 in 30.06 or 300 Win Mag, but thats not a semi auto.

Just to throw out my other ideas for said rifle I've thought

Saiga .308
    AR .308
    Mauser

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by 556slinger View Post

I am turned on by.....

AR-15's
    AK-47/74's
    CETME
    and other MBRs

thanks
    an hk91 no beating it.Mags are 3 bucks each. the thing is tough as nails. great rifle.If you wanted an m14 you could probably find one of these.as the m14 is a semi/full auto,unless you meant an m1a which is basically a neutered m14
    Gott mit uns

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast