Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: PA Rocks

Default PA Rocks

So I finally got around to applying for my PA non-resident LTCF. I applied in person last Thursday and received my LTCF in the mail today. Four business day turnaround, including mailing time.

Took me 11 months to get the same thing here in New York and I'm one of the luckier people (most NY'ers live in counties that just plain refuse to give you a permit that's good for concealed carry)

One of these days we'll get a shall issue law here in NYS.

Default Re: PA Rocks

Quote Originally Posted by BravoCharlie View Post
    So I finally got around to applying for my PA non-resident LTCF. I applied in person last Thursday and received my LTCF in the mail today. Four business day turnaround, including mailing time.

Took me 11 months to get the same thing here in New York and I'm one of the luckier people (most NY'ers live in counties that just plain refuse to give you a permit that's good for concealed carry)

One of these days we'll get a shall issue law here in NYS.
    And hopefully that day will be soon in NJ, as well, my friend. People, especially elected officials are starting to see the light. If they get their panties in a bunch over 2A rights, they often find themselves back in the private sector again. Hopefully in a couple years from now, we'll be able to laugh at all the Hollyweirdos, Brady Bunch morons, and PETA asshats, while we quietly go about our business CC'ing.
    NRA Certified Firearms Instructor-2009,classes available.

Quote Originally Posted by jerseytactical View Post
    And hopefully that day will be soon in NJ, as well, my friend. People, especially elected officials are starting to see the light. If they get their panties in a bunch over 2A rights, they often find themselves back in the private sector again. Hopefully in a couple years from now, we'll be able to laugh at all the Hollyweirdos, Brady Bunch morons, and PETA asshats, while we quietly go about our business CC'ing.

I don't know man. Apples and oranges to some extent. NYS does issue non restricted permits in some counties. NJ could care less across the board.
    It's a mindset that has been engrained for gernerations and IMO will take generations to remove.
    Last edited by God's Country; February 10th, 2010 at 11:25 PM.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Philadelphia County)

I currently go to school in PA and I am from New Jersey...I can't wait to leave and a primary reason are the gun rights and the culture that creates it.

I've told people I have a Florida CCW and that I carry a gun in PA and they get angry, hostile...call me a F***ing moron...they don't even bother to think about it.

Maybe they'll change their minds if they ever find themselves in a store with a mad man inside of it.

I'm not as familiar with NJ politics as I am with NYS or even PA. How's it break down in your state? Is the Southern and more rural part of the state less inclined to go along with the wishes of the urban north or has the whole state really been indoctrinated as God's Country suggests?

Our biggest problem in NY is of course NYC. If you took NYC out of the picture we'd probably be more conservative than PA (unless they likewise detached Philadelphia). One of the biggest cities upstate is Rochester and it also happens to be one of the easiest locations to obtain an unrestricted pistol license in. Go figure.

I love the fact that I got my PA LTCF so quickly. The lady at the Sheriff's Office said it probably wouldn't take the full 45 days but I never imagined they'd turn it around this quickly. PA is definitely on my short list of places I would move to if I ever decided to bail on NYS.

(Lackawanna County)

Unfortunately, NJ is pretty universal across the board. Why NY state differs from county to county, NJ just simply flat out refuses to issue carry permits. Hell, there are certain Police Chiefs that bust balls and take forever to even issue a Firearms ID which is necessary to even purchase a BB gun.

Being from NJ, I've seen first hand how anti-gun it is. Sure in the south and north western part of the state there are hunters and pro 2A. However, I highly doubt, without federal mandating, there will be any change to NJ's carry laws. It seems anyone that is for being able to carry sees the light if you will and gets out of the state as soon as possible rather than fight to get the laws repealed in Jersey. This leaves little to put up the good fight. Honestly, I can't blame them, though. I may be young, but I have seen more than enough corruption at every level to realize it will only get worse before it gets better.

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel View Post
    Hell, there are certain Police Chiefs that bust balls and take forever to even issue a Firearms ID which is necessary to even purchase a BB gun.
    Please tell me you are joking......

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by amagi View Post
    I currently go to school in PA and I am from New Jersey...I can't wait to leave and a primary reason are the gun rights and the culture that creates it.

I've told people I have a Florida CCW and that I carry a gun in PA and they get angry, hostile...call me a F***ing moron...they don't even bother to think about it.

Maybe they'll change their minds if they ever find themselves in a store with a mad man inside of it.
    I have friends in NJ that visited me here. It didnt even phase them that the entire time we were out and about I was carrying.

To the OP you got your permit faster than I did and I live here. Took the full 45 days for me
    Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.JFK

(Lackawanna County)

I shit you not, I mean there are ways of getting a BB gun without one but it is illegal. Not like I'd have any experience in such matters, that is. But what do you expect, NJ defines a wooden rubberband gun as a firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by BravoCharlie View Post

I love the fact that I got my PA LTCF so quickly. The lady at the Sheriff's Office said it probably wouldn't take the full 45 days but I never imagined they'd turn it around this quickly. PA is definitely on my short list of places I would move to if I ever decided to bail on NYS.
    Which PA county issued your LTCF?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast