Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Forks of the Delaware Historical Arms Society

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    Just got back to the motel. You didn't miss a thing. Same show, different date.

Maybe not the same show, because there were some tables missing in the back of the small hall, and LOTS of empty tables. Not a lot of commerce except for magazines and accessories and bulk ammo. Some regular dealers were absent, other dealers talking about how it's so hard to make their costs.

Quite a few stinkers, but I brought my small jar of Vicks!

Noah
    You see any reloading parts there? I wasn't going to bother but if there's anyone there with heads and primers I might think about it

And yes I have to agree this show has gone downhill BIG TIME, we stopped going 7 months ago cause it just seems like it's always the same old crap (and over priced crap at that)

(Montgomery County)

went with a young guy from work to look for another M1 Garand. Saw more than usual. A&S arms still the best selection and quality IMHO. I'm biased I bought from them before. The M1's were too steep for my young friend but he had the (have to have something) look in his eyes and he bought a Mosin.
    It was like watching my grandkids on Christmas morning. His eyes were the size of silver dollars as he picked through the selection of Mosins. When he found the one he wanted,God help anybody that might have tried to take it from him.
    After paperwork and money we left and went to his house. Knowing that his pregnant wife was home,I jumped right in my truck and headed home congratulating him on his purchase. I wondered on the way home if he was gonna have cold shoulder and hot tongue for dinner tonight. Just got off of the phone and was pleased to hear that everything was cool (his words). After the baby comes she wants to try her hand at shooting it with him. Another love story.

Spent a few hours at the show today. Agree with posts that its the same old same old. Nothing has changed and in fact, not many nice guns to be had. It seemed more like a Nazi memoribilia/knife show than anything else. I found it interesting that there were no targets being sold and very few modern guns. Not sure I am going to return to this one for a few years. I also agree on the "stinkers" comment. The place smelled more like a nursing home. Some of the old timers frankly smelled like they pooped themselves.

(Lehigh County)

Have to agree. Seems like less everytime. Didn't
    really see anything worth buying. Hungarian AK for $429.00 seemed like good deal.
    Last edited by RichG; February 14th, 2010 at 10:10 AM.

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    You see any reloading parts there? I wasn't going to bother but if there's anyone there with heads and primers I might think about it.

A few dealers had primers, but they were all on the very high side of $40/1000, some as much as $55/1000. If by "heads" you mean bullets, there were a few tables that had small assortments of bullets for sale, but the prices made me think they were made of metal suitable for shooting vampires. Don't waste your time.

I lucked out in a way; came across a guy walking around an as-new early Ruger No 1 in 45-70. He came down from $850 to $700 and I put it in the car. Been looking for one of those for some time.

Noah

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by paul641 View Post
    After paperwork and money we left and went to his house. Knowing that his pregnant wife was home,I jumped right in my truck and headed home congratulating him on his purchase. I wondered on the way home if he was gonna have cold shoulder and hot tongue for dinner tonight. Just got off of the phone and was pleased to hear that everything was cool (his words). After the baby comes she wants to try her hand at shooting it with him. Another love story.
    If he gets tired of waiting, let her shoot that monster and the baby will probably pop right out

(Lehigh County)

i dunno guys i think show was ok but i guess its all what your looking for i saw a nice marlin model 60 probaballya about 1980's production with a broken scope for 60 bucks that aint too bad if it worked but who knows lol. i only got a trigger gaurd for an old .22 me and pops are working on it cost me 5 bucks which i still think is high but it is way cheaper than any other prices i have been seeing on trigger gaurds. to me it was still time away from the house to look at guns knives and old junk it was worth it for me
    A.T.F alcohol, tabacco, and firearms... who's bringing the chips?

(Lehigh County)

oh i almost forgot my highlight of the day found a chrome 91/30 even though the chrome was peeling off i fell in love with her then decided for me atleast it wasnt worth the 115 price tag considering it would need to be refinished atleast thats my thoughts
    A.T.F alcohol, tabacco, and firearms... who's bringing the chips?

(York County)

This thread is an interesting read.

I went yesterday, and thought the show was fabulous. But then - this is the first time I've attended, so I have no previous shows to compare it to. I typically attend the York & Harrisburg shows, and compared to them there were certainly a lot less modern firearms offered for sale, but these days my collecting interests run more toward antiques and collectibles, so I found the show to be right up my alley.

I wasn't looking for tacticool ARs and accessories, camo this or camo that, or beef jerky.

I guess it's all about where your interests are. The guns that caught my eye were on the pricey side, but not unduly so given their age and condition.

I ended up only bringing home a couple of bayonets... one for my Trapdoor Springfield, and one for my 1898 Krag. If I'd felt like spending the money a lot more stuff could have followed me home. As it was, I greatly enjoyed the "window shopping."

Guess I'm one of the "old fogeys" but I assure all who attended that I wasn't the one who pooped my pants.

As always... YMMV.
    When did ignorance become a point of view?
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

(Delaware County)

I went with my buddies son, and he had a great time. He loved the Civil War revolvers and the old German uniforms.

I went looking, specifically, for a Colt 1860, saw one that was in good shape, in my price range only to find it sold a few minutes later when I had walked back to get it.

Lots of very expensive stuff but not much in the modern catagory.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast