Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CZ?

(Centre County)

Default CZ?

I'm talking about Czech made guns, not DanWesson.
    well, Uncle Sam came through, and I got my tax refund.
    Unfortunatly, my wife would not let me buy another AR(too expensive, she says. I say its my money, but according to her, its "our" money...), so i figure I'll look for something cheaper.

I've always wanted to get CZ75B, and I figured it'll be a good time to do that.

Now, I have very limited experience with CZ75. Shot it few times, but thats it.
    I know many people says its one of THE best 9mm ever made. But Everytime I look at one, I can't get used to its heavy, and long creep DA trigger.
    Now, is that because gun I looked at is new gun(or very little round count)? or thats just how they are?
    I read it somewhere that you can get different hammer installed, and makes night and day difference on them, but I can't find any detail on that(Made by Ghost guns or Ghost custom or something like that?).

I'm primary interested in compact metal frame model - either 75D PCR, 75Compact, or P01...
    (Not interested in .40S&W P06 at this time)

PCR - I liked the best(minus Alloy frame)

75Compact(like the steel frame, but not too hot on rail..)

P01(Not sure what the difference between that and 75Compact...)

THoughts?
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: CZ?

CZ 75Bs are great guns.
    Very well made and accurate.
    The 75 is one of if not the most commonly issued service guns in Europe.

They are known for having the long da trigger pull when new but will lighten and smooth considerably with use and dry fireing.

There are 75s that are single action/da and in single action the trigger is very good.

The 75 stainless and combat models are single action.

The really unique thing about them is the slide rails run inside thr receiver frame making a tight lock up and enhance the accuracy.

They are one of the most accurate pistols right out of the box.

Quality, accuracy, and price, you cant go wrong with a CZ 75B if you want a 9mm.

(Lancaster County)

Definitely look at the P-01. The frame is alloy, so it is much, much lighter than the 75b.

The only difference I can think between the p-01 and the compact could be frame material. I believe, but could be mistaken, that the 75 compact is a steel frame while the p-01 is alloy (that I know, I own one).

It has been utterly reliable (2000+rounds, no failures for me) and is the most accurate gun I've ever fired.

The big "wow" factor is the grip. If you haven't handled one yet, do so. When you hold it, you will fall in love. Everyone does.

As for the trigger, it's a DA/SA setup. The DA is long and heavy--it's supposed to be. That's a safety feature that prevents accidental discharges by those with itchy trigger fingers. The SA has a little creep, but it light and crisp and you will come to like that fact that you will be able to feel exactly when your shot will break.

Don't let the DA scare you off. If you're not used to that it can be weird, but in all reality, you're probably NEVER going to shoot it in DA. At the range, you will rack the slide and it will be in SA, or you can simply cock the hammer and put it in SA.

The DA is there to give you the ability to carry the gun and be able to just point and shoot in an emergency situation, without having to deal with a manual safety or worry about accidentally firing the weapon under stress.

(Montgomery County)

I have the 75B, the 75 Compact and the 85, plus two 52s, two 82s and a 50. so one could say I like CZ's. I would take the75 B, the 75 Compact or the 85 (ambi safeties) rather than the alloy-framed guns. Yes, heavy, but utterly reliable and accurate out of the box. The internal rails are only on one other production gun to my knowledge (other than CZ clones), the Sig P210 and if you can afford one of these, your IRS refund was in the $5000 range! Dave_n

(Lancaster County)

You can't go wrong with CZ. I'm another big fan. Changing out the hammer spring can help the DA.

Too bad your in State College, a local dealer has (or had) a used PCR for $370-ish. It needed a good cleaning but was in very good condition. I was tempted but I'm holding out for a P-06.

I have a 75B and all the other things said here are right. Shoots good, takes what ever I feed it, and the only FTE was when a new shooter limp wristed it. No trouble, shoots good and worth the money.

(Monroe County)

Mity , You got good taste in CZ's, The CZ 75 compact is the only one left for me to add to my collection of CZ's , fantastic gun as you already know and its all stee Gun, The P01 is a NATO APPROVED Gun, passed all the NATO torture tests and what not, also its what the Czcech National Police uses , Main difference bet ween it and a 75 is that it has a Decocker instead of a safety and it has a widened front end to accomodate the sight rail below the barrel.

I second what the others said about the triggers, the 75 can be carried cocked and locked that is why Jeff Cooper thinks its the only 9mm worth having.

(Dauphin County)

Everything said here I have found to be true. I have an 85B. As far as comparative accuracy is concerned, shooting the same ammo at 10 yards, I can make about a 4" group with my Springfield XDm, with the CZ, the group size is under 2" (excluding "flyers").
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Philadelphia County)

Compact has a manual safety. All the other 'compact' models have a decocker. Despite what that picture shows, most "Compact" models don't have a rail and look like this:

Maybe the railed version is becoming more common or maybe the website got it wrong again. There is some confusion between European and US model names and availability.

I like the PCR the best out of the 3 because of the lack of rail, weight savings (which is noticable), and the Novak sights although I'd like it better with a manual safety.

(Monroe County)

I like the compact because it is all steel and doesnt have a rail.

Also if you are going to carry it for self defense , a CZ should be loaded with one in the pipe, because you may fumble the slide on a fast draw because of the thin slide , not much purchase on the slide to grab it by.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast