Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Abington Gun Sports/Guns and Ammo

A friend and I went to check out this shop first today when he wanted to purchase his first weapon for CC use, a glock 19.
    The words "blown away" come to mind at the awesome customer service here! Probably the friendliest shop I've dealt with hands down. No pressure if they asked to help you and you declined, although they did give a lot of help to my friend since he wanted their help with the glock. The salesman went as far as to field strip the glock for him, show him the process, explain very briefly basic firearms safety, and even cleaned it for him (since it was new) before purchase. He also worked on the price with him a bit. (Not that I wouldn't have shown him these things , but it was real nice to see a shop owner do it.)
    The prices were average, with a few good deal to be found. Selection was decent. Saw two very nice romy AKs there... wish I had more money, or I would have walked out with one.
    Overall, I highly reccomend this place to anyone looking for pistols, rifles, or shotguns. Good size ammount of accesories like grips, cleaning products, and the like too.

Abington Gun Sports in Willow Grove PA
    Last edited by danp; October 4th, 2011 at 04:17 PM.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Abington Gun Sports/Guns and Ammo

That is refreshing to hear, the last time I was there it was not the case. Their prices were high and they were less than helpful.
    Guns are dangerous, but no guns is more dangerous.

(Bucks County)

i've purchased several firearms from abington gun sports and i've become friends with the owner Frank and one of his employees, dale. i've always found them to be great guys and a shop where you can stop in shoot the shit and not feel pressured to buy something. sometimes their prices are a little high but i've always been able to negotiate with them. i wouldn't hesitate to recommend them

Does anyone have the location or address for this gun shop ?

(Montgomery County)

Their address is:
    43 Easton Rd
    Willow Grove, PA 19090

I haven't purchased a gun from them (yet), but have been in to browse, and they have been very friendly and helpful.

(Montgomery County)

It's in a small strip mall adjacent to the Willow Grove Mall.

(Montgomery County)

The shop is decent, I have been there but have not bought anything there yet. There is also a great vietnamese restaurant at the end of the row on that strip of stores (2-3 doors up) that is fantastic. I recommend the Bahn Hoi.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Montgomery County)

They are a good shop, and Frank is an honest businessman. He's not the cheapest, but I've found they will work with you. I told him Tanner's price on a S&W MP9, and he matched it. He's done 4 Gunbroker deals with me, and twice charged $5.00 less than the $40.00 fee posted. Not thrilled with the $20.00 PICS fee. His man Dale is former PSP and a great guy. Unfortunatly,
    he moved to Florida. You're always welcome to browse, and engage in some serious Obama bashing!

(Montgomery County)

I was in there just to check what is left from the panic frenzy and to see if they had any 5.56/.223.

They do have .223 and 5.56! Since it is a small gun shop, their prices are a bit high, but expected again due to their small size. They did limit 2 boxes per customer though.

They also had 1 AR, rifle length with stainless H-bar, unthreaded barrel asking for $1900. There were also 3 AKs on the shelf. I know one was a folding stock WASR ($800), I am not familiar with the other AKs as I am not an AK person. They are on consignment, so its not like AGS just jacked the prices.

They also had some standard (aka hi-cap) mags for various different handguns. I believe they also had some standard capacity AK and Mini-14 mags as well. No AR mags that I noticed.

I was able to pick up the last 18rnd P226 Mag as well as 2 boxes of 5.56. Overall, very surprised to see that stuff in stock, but knowing they were a small store, I figured they would have some stuff.

Friendly guys behind the counter. He told me even though it 2 boxes per customer, he said to just stop by again tomorrow and sell me another 2 boxes. So I may be making my way up there a couple times a week for more 5.56 and possibly a single shot shotgun I saw at a great price.

(Montgomery County)

I was in there about a year ago and the guys in there were friendly enough but they didn't have what I wanted in stock. When I asked if they could order it or tell me how much it would be they said they'd have to call their distributor. Me: OK so should I leave my number and you can call me when you find out. Them: well why don't you think about it and come back when you've made up your mind. Thinking to myself: Um, I've made up my mind which is why I'm asking you to give me a price on something and find out it's availability. We went back and forth a bit with me expressing interest in getting a price from them and them just telling me to think about it. It was weird. I couldn't really understand why it seemed like they didn't want to sell to me. The only thing I could think of was that, because they were a small shop, they didn't want to special order anything and instead just wanted to sell from inventory already on-hand.

The result: I "thought about it" for the 10 minutes it took me to drive to another shop and buy from them. They didn't have it in stock either but were able to pull up availability from their distributor in seconds along with a price that was cheaper than Abington told me what they thought it would be. I had it two days later.

I don't really have hard feelings toward them but, like I said, it was a weird experience, they lost a sale, and probably won't get another from me since I am now less likely to even try there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast